• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mark my words this guy will be the next Xavi.

Why aim so low? He could be the next Francisco Cagigao!

PS. Is it just me that really wants us to sign him now? He seems so happy to be playing for us and he's only on trial! Come on El Tango...

Just some expectation setting based on research
He was at Real Madrid in his early days but left before getting out of the junior teams

20 Teams in Premier League
22 in the second division
And then 4 groups of 20 in the third (our equivalent of leagues 1 & 2 combined)
Then you are into the regional structure (e.g. conference and below)

He has played mainly in the third tier in the same league as Madrid C bit in fact for Tomelloso, Getafe B , Villarrobledo & Toldeo. One season in the second tier with Getafe B (so Championship).

Overall in senior football he has scored 77 goals in 201 games Impressive as he seems to do this categorized as a midfielder (but i think winger) and not a forward.. however slightly odd he seems to have gone back to Villarrobledo last season and they were in the Conference equivalent (and lost in the pay offs to get back into the third tier).

So appears to be a free scoring wide player who has played as high a the championship but mainly in the equivalent of the Spain's equivalent L1 & L2 that is a combined league split into 4.

He could be someone we sign and I suspect he has been with us on an initial trial in Spain (hence already has his shirt & his tweet comment) but don't have expectations that he will arrive as a world beater- in other words give the guy a break and a chance as opposed to our normal high level of patience :-).

Anyway has provided some fine early evening entertainment

We lacked any forward/wingers who is willing to shoot anywhere on target. Don't forget League 2 side don't know what he is like, so he can surprise them!

I'm really fed up with this "can play up front or on the wing" nonsense. What happened to centre forwards who scored goals (Brett Angell) and wingers who beat a man and put a ball in (Ricky Otto).

Pituli could be a player we haven't seen since Otto, if he showed the same form like in the video at Root Hall, I would be excited to see us in action!!

Pituli could be a player we haven't seen since Otto, if he showed the same form like in the video at Root Hall, I would be excited to see us in action!!

Lets build him up even more!!!!

I mean its not like anyone had heard of him 4 hours ago, now he is being compared to Otto!

I think he will be better than Collymore personally.

I'm really fed up with this "can play up front or on the wing" nonsense. What happened to centre forwards who scored goals (Brett Angell) and wingers who beat a man and put a ball in (Ricky Otto).

Remember this club loves to make life a lot harder,We could end up playing with wing backs in front of full backs and wingers in front of the wing backs,We don't need forwards as Phil has a plan.

Hopefully we will revert to 442 and get someone quick and just lob it over the top for them to run onto like it was 1991 all over again.

Hopefully we will revert to 442 and get someone quick and just lob it over the top for them to run onto like it was 1991 all over again.

You have admitted you prefer 442 so what on earth you rambling about now.

The sun has had an even more dramatic impact on Phil, apparently he is now eyeing up young and hungry talented boys!

Do we still charge per letter on the back of shirts? If so this has all the hallmarks of another Ron Martin signing. The evil genius....

"Pituli" in Spanish apparently is translated as "little biter".

Nah not really
Wicked, so we just wait for him to sink his teeth into some League 2 centre back then sell for £80 million in the midst of the press hubbub about him being the new Suarez.

That'll pay for the new stadium and pay Ron to waltz off into the sunset with the proceeds from the aforementioned name printed shirts and we get our club back.

Everyone's a winner.

Back