• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm really fed up with this "can play up front or on the wing" nonsense. What happened to centre forwards who scored goals (Brett Angell) and wingers who beat a man and put a ball in (Ricky Otto).

Then I have the happy job of making your day- PB has confirmed he can also play in the hole between the strikers hence excluding himself from your black book :-)

Don't know whether to be excited or concerned. We've had so many great players on video! :smile:
Exactly! A 5min awesome video leaves out 100 hours of utter poo.
We have been burnt before.
I can't remember his name and I think he was a winger a couple of years ago, who looked awesome on video but was rubbish.
I think he was American and was sacked mid season.

For what it is worth I have already decided that this guy is going to be the best player who has ever played for Southend United.

Exactly! A 5min awesome video leaves out 100 hours of utter poo.
We have been burnt before.
I can't remember his name and I think he was a winger a couple of years ago, who looked awesome on video but was rubbish.
I think he was American and was sacked mid season.

Conor Clifford is Irish not American.

Playing against Billericay and also in the u21 team to face spurs

Where did you find out about the u21 fixtures?

I'm really fed up with this "can play up front or on the wing" nonsense. What happened to centre forwards who scored goals (Brett Angell) and wingers who beat a man and put a ball in (Ricky Otto).

Good point, the World Cup really has highlighted to me the decline of the out-and-out striker. How many teams have we seen playing without a proper number 9 striker? Players like Klose are a dying breed. And if Fred is Brazil's best number 9... :facepalm:

I think its just as he tweeted in the very first place
Flies out Monday and then will play Tues and then against Spurs (at the time we were confused when he said spurs but then it became known we have a game against their U21s.
I guess he will play- if he is average he will go home- if he shows he can transfer training gound to the pitch I would imagine he will be invited to stay on for Ipswich and QPR before a decision is made or not (assuming he does score 3 against Billericay and 4 against Spurs in which case we best snap him up quick :-)).

I will be popping over, will give my two penneth, tomorrow night! On Southend's new Messi! :Worthy:

Back