• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is Barry a legend here would you say? 50 goals in 155 league games, came to us when we were in our (one of, anyway) darkest hours and ultimately won promotion with us. I think he's a hero and welcome back anytime, especially if he chooses to move into coaching and management.

Is Barry a legend here would you say? 50 goals in 155 league games, came to us when we were in our (one of, anyway) darkest hours and ultimately won promotion with us. I think he's a hero and welcome back anytime, especially if he chooses to move into coaching and management.
The phrases hero and legend are thrown about far too much, but if you accept their use in a football context then to me the answer is a big fat yes:smile:

I'd say he's the very definition of a cult hero. Big, strong striker, came to us in one of our darkest hours and bashed 20 goals in to keep our heads above water. Had a crippling injury which he bounced back from. Worked his arse off for the team, went scouting for us when injured, even had game at centre half when we were short there.

He was no Eastwood or Collymore but he'll go down as one of my all-time favourites.

Great player for us and a great servant to club. So pleased he has come back from this recent injury. I wish him all the best in every game that isn't against us.

Done well for us. Top striker at league 2 level when fit. Scored some memorable and very important goals. But Legend......na not quite for me

God love Big Bad Barry Corr, great to see him scoring again after that long lay off. He is like a vintage car, treat it right, wrap it up when not in use and he'll run forever.

- Legend, not quite but hero definitely!

Surprised he is even being considered for a contract. Started off well there but has barely played due to injury.

I see Pigott has been released. Non league beckons...and to think we offered him a contract. A lucky escape.

Surprised he is even being considered for a contract. Started off well there but has barely played due to injury.

I've not followed closely, but it's not like he's continually broken down. He required surgery and took a long time to recover from that. He only got back playing in Feb, but it's not like he's had an injury disrupted 2 years where he's had multiple issues, it looks like it's more focused on his knee, and his recovery time is probably due to the other issues he has (back etc).

#BBBC

I've not followed closely, but it's not like he's continually broken down. He required surgery and took a long time to recover from that. He only got back playing in Feb, but it's not like he's had an injury disrupted 2 years where he's had multiple issues, it looks like it's more focused on his knee, and his recovery time is probably due to the other issues he has (back etc).

#BBBC

HE was injured in January last year and then this season only managed 7 games and hasn't played again since April.

With him being 32 Im surprised they arent releasing him, but will be glad if he does get a new deal.

Back