• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues boss Brown not fearing for his future despite defeat to Fleetwood

Not really trolling, is he 'sherif'. Just putting a view across.

IMHO, we need 20 points as a minimum, so 6 wins and 2 draws from 18 games. In theory, that shouldn't be an issue with our playing staff.

However, the issue is whether PB or someone else would be better placed to get these points and having witnessed yesterday's set-up and performance, I really do believe someone fresh, even only as a caretaker, to shake things up a bit, would be better placed to get the required tally.

The issues between players and PB just seems too ingrained now and he's trying some odd things to change it around.

Not sure why my name is in inverted commas there, but I take your point

I Think you lot need to lighted up yes we are in trouble but we still have 18 games to go.YES 18 GAMES LOL.. I still think Brown is the man to get as out of this poor run hopefully we can get a couple of new signings in next week to improve the team...Brown is on 98 wins while manager at Southend and I fully expect him to reach 100 wins over the next few games.
You all seen to thing changing manager is the answer to our poor run but it has not done Sunderland,Birmingham,Swansea much good has it...

He might get to 100 wins, but going by recent form he’ll need all 18 games to do it and that, I’m afraid, will be nowhere near good enough to stop the slide into League Two.

I Think you lot need to lighted up yes we are in trouble but we still have 18 games to go.YES 18 GAMES LOL.. I still think Brown is the man to get as out of this poor run hopefully we can get a couple of new signings in next week to improve the team...Brown is on 98 wins while manager at Southend and I fully expect him to reach 100 wins over the next few games.
You all seen to thing changing manager is the answer to our poor run but it has not done Sunderland,Birmingham,Swansea much good has it...

But it has worked for Palace (spectacularly) and West Ham (unfortunately).

IMHO, we need 20 points as a minimum, so 6 wins and 2 draws from 18 games. In theory, that shouldn't be an issue with our playing staff.

However, the issue is whether PB or someone else would be better placed to get these points and having witnessed yesterday's set-up and performance, I really do believe someone fresh, even only as a caretaker, to shake things up a bit, would be better placed to get the required tally.

The issues between players and PB just seems too ingrained now and he's trying some odd things to change it around.

Welcome to the gang Andy :smile: Your complimentary badge for Brown Oh Get Out For F****-sake (BOG OFF) is in the post.

Not sure why my name is in inverted commas there, but I take your point

:cool:

I always put usernames in inverted commas when I quote them, to highlight that I'm quoting their name, rather than adding something in a sentence of my own. For example, we have a poster called 'intheknow' so I highlight that I'm quoting their name in my post and not using that phrase in my sentence.

I know it's not the correct usage for inverted commas, but it's a way of distinguishing between a username and just a general piece of writing. Like the next post down, for example.

HTMS,

Last edited:

Are you now calling for PB to be sacked? I believe you was going to give him to st least the end of January?

... LOL :smile:

Can you avail me of the plans for the next meeting 'spaceman'?

We haven’t really progressed beyond burning pitchforks as yet. If all else fails at least we can set fire to the pitch. This woeful lack of strategy on our part is still a masterpiece of tactical planning compared to Phil Yer Boots Brown, however.

Are you now calling for PB to be sacked? I believe you was going to give him to st least the end of January?

I was 'Rob' but on the basis that I expected a good reaction yesterday, but the whole turgid affair was so painful that I've changed my view and think that there's little point in carrying on like this.

Especially as it's a big game next Saturday and the players need galvanizing.

The rot is far more set-in than I thought.

I was 'Rob' but on the basis that I expected a good reaction yesterday, but the whole turgid affair was so painful that I've changed my view and think that there's little point in carrying on like this.

Especially as it's a big game next Saturday and the players need galvanizing.

The rot is far more set-in than I thought.

Welcome to the club. He definitely has to go and the sooner the better but I fear that he will hang on. Time will tell.

Every game is a big game from now on. The recent run of disastrous results, as opposed to the mediocrity and inconsistency that preceded it, is the logical outcome of a failed regime which made basic and foreseeable mistakes in recruitment which with any semblance of due diligence could have been avoided. The dreadful standard of football is compounded by a defensive mind set more concerned with stopping the other side than getting the best out of what was talked up as the best squad ever, together with bizarre team selections and substitutions, positional switches and rambling press conferences blaming the players. Managerial success and failure is cyclical. The chairman must recognise the need to pull the plug now, before another round of unwise recruitment ensures further disasters ahead. Relegation would set the club back years, and it might not stop at that. Just look at the number of clubs who have fallen out of the league in recent years and it's not beyond the realms of possibility to see that being our fate unless we pull out of this nosedive.

The man's hubris in the interview is unbelievable. He seemed offended when asked if he feared for his job, as if that was some sort of ridiculous question.

We're going down with Brown.

Well he blooming well should be - personally i am sick and tired of the way we play, the crazy team selections and for the life of me i just can't understand why anyone thinks there is any value in his remaining.

251 games in and it has become stale - he is not a good enough manager to be able to turn this around imho

OK I'll bite.
Who will replace him, or more who importantly, wants his job that is available or up to the challenge to deliver. Brown seems to want away by his demeanour and his actions. Is this because he just wants to get gone or has he got something in place ( contract) that if he gets the push Tefron, we'll have to stump up some sort of golden handshake goodbye? Perhaps keeping him is a cheaper option if so, just doesn't make any sense but then again this is our club we're talking about, lets move to a new huge stadia where we'll be the envy of most clubs, Well on 3 sides of it anyway to start with. Mind you how will it look in a few years time after the lack of investment and maintenance, will the fourth side get built? we can't fill Roots Hall and even in the championship I can't remember a sell out? I'm going for a cry now. :sad:
Just a thought

OK I'll bite.
Who will replace him, or more who importantly, wants his job that is available or up to the challenge to deliver. Brown seems to want away by his demeanour and his actions. Is this because he just wants to get gone or has he got something in place ( contract) that if he gets the push Tefron, we'll have to stump up some sort of golden handshake goodbye? Perhaps keeping him is a cheaper option if so, just doesn't make any sense but then again this is our club we're talking about, lets move to a new huge stadia where we'll be the envy of most clubs, Well on 3 sides of it anyway to start with. Mind you how will it look in a few years time after the lack of investment and maintenance, will the fourth side get built? we can't fill Roots Hall and even in the championship I can't remember a sell out? I'm going for a cry now. :sad:
Just a thought

average gate in champ was over 10k

there is proven support base 30k + at wembley cardiff

lots of clubs have grown successfully from a comparable situation ..... Reading Bornemouth Brighton Swansea Blackpool ...

Cant decided if you’re a troll or just deluded

Back