• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues striker Ranger fit to face Portsmouth - despite his 'dodgy' ankles

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United striker Nile Ranger insists he will be fit to face Portsmouth this weekend - despite his ‘dodgy’ ankles.

More...

"[FONT=&quot]But since then I’ve been icing it and I’ve rested up so I’m sure I’ll be fine for Saturday which is good because it’s another big game."

He's got so good at icing his ankles that I've heard Nile has developed a sideline......[/FONT]

iced cake.jpg

Crikey, a footballer with weak ankles sounds like a real problem. The Pompey defenders will be ready to ankle tap him throughout the match......

He is fourth choice striker for me on Sat so we are fine resting him on the bench unless we need as a last option.

All the more reason to get the ball on the floor and stop kicking it at Nile's head

He is fourth choice striker for me on Sat so we are fine resting him on the bench unless we need as a last option.

That's a bold statement. You put Theo and Ba above him in the pecking order? Especially against a tough team on Saturday.

Why some of our support almost afford Ranger a god like status is beyond me.

He has been poor since returning from his stretch inside. Doesn't look remotely like scoring.

I still stick by what I said when he got banged up. He should have been released.

It says something about a club that they sack a groundsman with 20 years at a club for an offence/accident and stick by a player that defraud the vulnerable.

The pitch has looked total dogshite ever since.

That's a bold statement. You put Theo and Ba above him in the pecking order? Especially against a tough team on Saturday.

Ranger on current form has done little to justify a place in the side so Cox, Fortune & Theo are ahead for Sat.

Well, this thread is a bundle of joy and support isn't it? :unsure:

I am pleased Ranger is available - whether he starts or is on the bench, this gives Sunderland Brown selection options. :thumbsup:

We certainly do need to be scoring more goals. I see that we have a goal difference figure only slightly better than bottom of the table Bury. :sad:

Ranger on current form has done little to justify a place in the side so Cox, Fortune & Theo are ahead for Sat.

None of our forwards are in good form because they don't get the ball anywhere near quick enough and they don't get it to feet. It's all about the quality of the service and it's been poor

Our forwards are simply reinforcing their career records of not being prolific goalscorers. Cox had a couple of good seasons a decade ago but the others just do not score enough goals, never have and never will.

None of our forwards are in good form because they don't get the ball anywhere near quick enough and they don't get it to feet. It's all about the quality of the service and it's been poor
In sone matches yes, but in others they have had lots of good opportunities. It’s not the midfields fault that the strikers often don’t shoot when they get a chance. Every week watching the TV you see loads of goals from deflected shots or own goals. I’m sure we would have more of these if we simply shot more often instead of passing it or taking an extra touch. I’m not saying we should ALWAYS shoot, but we should take our chances more often before the extra pass/ touch.

Dodgy ankles
Dodgy knees
Dodgy hamstrings
Dodgy tendons
Dodgy groins
Dodgy shoulders -oh he's not with us anymore
Dodgy shooting boots
Dodgy refs
Dodgy decisions

Is there anything about our club that's not dodgy ?

Our forwards are simply reinforcing their career records of not being prolific goalscorers. Cox had a couple of good seasons a decade ago but the others just do not score enough goals, never have and never will.

Didn't Cox get 16 or 18 last season? That's not a bad return at all.

Didn't Cox get 16 or 18 last season? That's not a bad return at all.
Boosted by pens, but it was his most productive season for years and the first time he hit double figures since 2008/9. Not a consistent goalscorer over the years.

Back