• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

I was in a minority too-I wasn't allowed to vote on the most important decision in the UK's history in the last 40 years.:angry:

For a very good reason. Those that have turned their back on Britain would never vote for what's best for us, only their own selfish reasons.

Complain to your local MP.

Ha!

For a very good reason. Those that have turned their back on Britain would never vote for what's best for us, only their own selfish reasons.

You'll no doubt remember that there was a 2015 Tory manifesto commitment to abolish the 15 year rule and restore full voting rights to long term expats like me.

Ha!

You'll no doubt remember that there was a 2015 Tory manifesto commitment to abolish the 15 year rule and restore full voting rights to long term expats like me.

Yes it was utterly stupid ideas like that which nearly cost them the last election.

Toodle off to Cambridge.There'a a good chap.:raspberry:

No thanks, its cricket season in this wonderful country of ours. I will be enjoying a nice few hours over at Rankins CC before our game is washed out some time after tea. :thumbsup:

Never mind Barna....who knows might be some good news on the horizon....some ex colleagues of mine believe that there will be an announcement of 'national significance' sometime in the autumn....pip pip!

There are going to be a string of announcements coming up with national significance. This is because as yet HMG don't have a Scooby about what Brexit will look like. At some point they are going to have tell the GBP that certain things they thought would happen wont, and certain things they didn't thing would happen will. Thing is, they don't quite know what these will be. I'd guess worker's rights for EU nationals and concrete thinking about international trade would be first off the bat.

I am somewhat relieved that we seem now not to be talking about a cliff edge or hard Brexit, this will at least give businesses some breathing space to work out strategies for employment and trade - and gives HMG some time to get systems in place to deal with being a third country with the EU (and that potentially is a massive issue). Of course to get some sort of transitional arrangement will need an agreement with the EU so its not cut and dried.

As an ardent remainer, it must now be in the nation's interest to get on with this, get it done, get it agreed and let people plan for the day we actually leave. That has to be the way forward rather than continue with pointless point scoring.

There are going to be a string of announcements coming up with national significance. This is because as yet HMG don't have a Scooby about what Brexit will look like. At some point they are going to have tell the GBP that certain things they thought would happen wont, and certain things they didn't thing would happen will. Thing is, they don't quite know what these will be. I'd guess worker's rights for EU nationals and concrete thinking about international trade would be first off the bat.

I am somewhat relieved that we seem now not to be talking about a cliff edge or hard Brexit, this will at least give businesses some breathing space to work out strategies for employment and trade - and gives HMG some time to get systems in place to deal with being a third country with the EU (and that potentially is a massive issue). Of course to get some sort of transitional arrangement will need an agreement with the EU so its not cut and dried.

As an ardent remainer, it must now be in the nation's interest to get on with this, get it done, get it agreed and let people plan for the day we actually leave. That has to be the way forward rather than continue with pointless point scoring.

My understanding is that the announcement will have nothing to do with Brexit, what appears to be the rumour is some substantial news from the private sector.

My understanding is that the announcement will have nothing to do with Brexit, what appears to be the rumour is some substantial news from the private sector.

There will be some of them too but they'll be either as a result of HMG announcements or to attempt to steer HMG. Big one is probably car industry followed by farmers.

The building of a new stadium in SS2 that saves the construction industry?:whistling:

Back