• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

Luxembourg stating we owe £40 -60 billion. The nerve of the tax dodging quisling semi-country state is staggering.
Having nothing to do with the Duchy de Lux will be a real bonus in Brexit.

If you haven't guessed I am not keen on them.

Luxembourg stating we owe £40 -60 billion. The nerve of the tax dodging quisling semi-country state is staggering.
Having nothing to do with the Duchy de Lux will be a real bonus in Brexit.

If you haven't guessed I am not keen on them.

Thing is..... as inconvenient as this might be...... and as hard as it will be for Johnson and Davies to accept.... and as difficult as it is going to be for someone in UKG to confirm this...... its probably about right. And we can stamp our feet all we like, but we wont get a trade until its sorted one way or the other.

Interestingly, and I don't know how much of this is in the public domain, but the French and Dutch are considering massive investment in their customs provisions to handle the UK being a third country. Brexit is likely to cost governments in those countries vast sums of money, so I very much doubt they'll be overly keen on letting us wander off owing vast sums of money.

Thing is..... as inconvenient as this might be...... and as hard as it will be for Johnson and Davies to accept.... and as difficult as it is going to be for someone in UKG to confirm this...... its probably about right. And we can stamp our feet all we like, but we wont get a trade until its sorted one way or the other.

Interestingly, and I don't know how much of this is in the public domain, but the French and Dutch are considering massive investment in their customs provisions to handle the UK being a third country. Brexit is likely to cost governments in those countries vast sums of money, so I very much doubt they'll be overly keen on letting us wander off owing vast sums of money.
once the level of the settlement is agreed that may be the thing that moves public opinion far enough into the 'this is not what we were led to expect' camp that a second referendum becomes a reality

once the level of the settlement is agreed that may be the thing that moves public opinion far enough into the 'this is not what we were led to expect' camp that a second referendum becomes a reality

Dream on. As much as I would like that to be the case, I'm too cynical to think that will ever happen.

Apparently from the oil sector.

That could be interesting because this could cover a whole raft of issues from future involvement in the Common Transit Convention to exchange rates and price proofing. Out of all the commercial sectors, they've probably the biggest political clout.

That could be interesting because this could cover a whole raft of issues from future involvement in the Common Transit Convention to exchange rates and price proofing. Out of all the commercial sectors, they've probably the biggest political clout.

My take is that it is something to do with this.....https://www.theguardian.com/environ...port-billions-barrels-oil-government-cynicism

According to what I'm hearing no fracking will be involved as the oil is expected to rise naturally...without the need for a rig to test flow rates.

If and its a big if then this could potentially be bigger than North sea oil if its commercially viable to get it out of the ground.

My take is that it is something to do with this.....https://www.theguardian.com/environ...port-billions-barrels-oil-government-cynicism

According to what I'm hearing no fracking will be involved as the oil is expected to rise naturally...without the need for a rig to test flow rates.

If and its a big if then this could potentially be bigger than North sea oil if its commercially viable to get it out of the ground.

That oil is, according the article, to be sold on the European market. Currently that would be duty free, certainly wont be if we are not in the single market. The announcement might be that it is not financially viable to drill. We wait and see.

That oil is, according the article, to be sold on the European market. Currently that would be duty free, certainly wont be if we are not in the single market. The announcement might be that it is not financially viable to drill. We wait and see.

The Guardian article was written in 2015.....hence the comments on flow testing in my earlier post....direct from an RNS....today.

RNS Number : 6585M
UK Oil & Gas Investments PLC
31 July 2017
UK Oil & Gas Investments PLC
("UKOG" or the "Company")
Operational Update and Warrant Exercise
All Approvals for a Rig-less Flow Test in Place,
Broadford Bridge-1 Exploration Well, Weald Basin, UK
Highlights
·***** All flow test regulatory permissions now in place following review by the Health and Safety Executive ("HSE"). Work continues to "complete" the well as a potential oil producer to be followed by a rig-less flow-test, encompassing multiple Kimmeridge zones over a total aggregate perforated section of 926 ft.
·***** Preliminary log interpretations indicate that the extensively naturally-fractured Kimmeridge section is oil bearing from around 3,800 ft to below 5,640 ft measured depth ("MD") a vertical section of around 1,330 ft. This observation is in accord with the mobile light oil recovered to surface in cores and recovered from drilling fluid, together with wet gas shows.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...russian-gas-to-hit-record-highs-this-year-sa/

http://www.ecfr.eu/article/commentary_europes_vulnerability_on_russian_gas

Put simply if say the French were to invest in this (which they have and are post Brexit)....and this becomes an Anglo European venture...then it is a very useful bargaining chip.

Hmmmm..... still not sure this relates to Brexit negotiations. It would potentially form part of any free trade agreement post Brexit or be a separate bilateral treaty between us and the French.

Still economically it looks to be goods news for some in the south of England at least.

Back