• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

There are far to many ways to list and each person is affected differently. Under a Labour government Firefighters and Police had their pay cut for certain junior officer ranks and all of us had part of the pension stolen which affects us for the rest of our lives no matter who's in power or how well the economy is doing.

But the rentier class would seem to have been able to do quite well under New labour and ever since.:winking:

But the rentier class would seem to have been able to do quite well under New labour and ever since.:winking:

I'm proud to say I am an equal opportunities landlord. Regardless of race, religion or sexual orientation I will never discriminate.....Your rent will be going up. After all its free market:thumbsup:

Fortunately, I don't have to pay rent.

( P.S.I know that makes me middle class).:smile:

Of course your middle class. Just like JC, all you SJW's love telling the working class how to live and embrace diversity. All from a safe distance mind and make sure your children benefit from a discriminatory education system.....After all it worked fro you.:winking:

Of course your middle class. Just like JC, all you SJW's love telling the working class how to live and embrace diversity. All from a safe distance mind and make sure your children benefit from a discriminatory education system.....After all it worked fro you.:winking:
SJW - funny world we live in where accusing someone of caring about social justice is used as an insult.

:off topic:Thank you for making me aware of the abbreviation for the term Social Justice Warrior. (As far as our children's education was concerned it made sense for them to go to a school, where at least one of their parents spoke the language fluently).

Not sure what this has to do with the EU btw.I did post on that earlier this morning (post1442) and would be interested to hear you reply.

While we could also have a fascinating debate about middle class and working class supporters of Labour, this thread is obviously not the right place for it,either.

After a bit of research, the only thing I can think you are talking about is the European Fertilizer Regulation. It seems to be the only EU law that covers this area. It doesn't do what you suggest it does, it just standardises the type of fertilizers you can use. Its not specific and certainly not restrictive. So, its either another piece of anti EU propaganda or something I simply can't find on the internet (which doesn't mean it doesn't exist)

I think the restrictive practice is the outlawing of Stubble burning by the EU, meaning that farmers need to use fertilizers to prepare the ground for the next crop.

Theres is lots of stuff online that give arguments for and against this restriction....ultimately it comes down what is best for the soil and environment vs Mans needs and the farmers ability to produce sustainable crops via land management.

My own personal view is that the ban on stubble burning should continue, and stay in place after our exit from the EU....with reformed agricultural subsidies that actually filter down to the farmers rather than large food growing corporations.

There are far to many ways to list and each person is affected differently. Under a Labour government Firefighters and Police had their pay cut for certain junior officer ranks and all of us had part of the pension stolen which affects us for the rest of our lives no matter who's in power or how well the economy is doing.

Austerity was introduced by George Osborne as a method to cover the banks bail out, which he incindentally attempted to blame the previous Government for - despite it being a worldwide banking collapse kick started in the States.

He paid for austerity by capping public sector at 0%, selling off public owner facilities, withdrawing certain services (or reducing them) and cutting swathes of public sector jobs. (funnily enough, in my part of the world, we could really do with some of those people and their knowledge).

That is how austerity worked, and as a result GBP gave David Cameron a Parliamentary majority, seemingly more interested in how Ed Milliband ate a bacon sandwich than the fact they're all worse off.

Austerity was introduced by George Osborne as a method to cover the banks bail out, which he incindentally attempted to blame the previous Government for - despite it being a worldwide banking collapse kick started in the States.

He paid for austerity by capping public sector at 0%, selling off public owner facilities, withdrawing certain services (or reducing them) and cutting swathes of public sector jobs. (funnily enough, in my part of the world, we could really do with some of those people and their knowledge).

That is how austerity worked, and as a result GBP gave David Cameron a Parliamentary majority, seemingly more interested in how Ed Milliband ate a bacon sandwich than the fact they're all worse off.

Point of order here is what caused the financial crisis...which is roundly agreed as a failure to regulate banks....who was responsible for the failure to regulate the banks?....Labour which they have admitted and apologized for.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13032013

In addition to this Brown had doubled debt as well as selling UK gold reserves...Ed milliband may not have had any kind of competence when it came to Bacon sandwich eating....but he paid for the mistakes of previous Labour governments...with Iraq / the banking collapse in addition to Immigration featuring heavily.

Ed Miliband favoured austerity "lite",of course,which is also one of the major reasons why he lost the 2015 GE.

Point of order here is what caused the financial crisis...which is roundly agreed as a failure to regulate banks....who was responsible for the failure to regulate the banks?....Labour which they have admitted and apologized for.

In addition to this Brown had doubled debt as well as selling UK gold reserves...Ed milliband may not have had any kind of competence when it came to Bacon sandwich eating....but he paid for the mistakes of previous Labour governments...with Iraq / the banking collapse in addition to Immigration featuring heavily.

No, Tory spin which blamed Labour for being responsible for the 2008 crisis, is what "won" Cameron the 2010 election.

I think the restrictive practice is the outlawing of Stubble burning by the EU, meaning that farmers need to use fertilizers to prepare the ground for the next crop.

Theres is lots of stuff online that give arguments for and against this restriction....ultimately it comes down what is best for the soil and environment vs Mans needs and the farmers ability to produce sustainable crops via land management.

My own personal view is that the ban on stubble burning should continue, and stay in place after our exit from the EU....with reformed agricultural subsidies that actually filter down to the farmers rather than large food growing corporations.
There are many restrictions in farming and horticulture which come from EU; some are good but others don't seem to be working. DEFRA regularly block and ban lots/shipments/resale of plants/flowers from Holland as they are infested either at the roots or branch level with parasites;- due to ineffective (& EU regulated) pesticides. (Incidentally the local SE Essex inspector is a lovely lady who previously worked on the Duchy of Cornwall Estate).
Some of the EU laws ought to be, IMO, guidelines as the regions and local concerns vary enormously across the huge area of the EU and what makes great sense on the use of pesticides close to major supply areas of fresh water in, for example, Holland, is not such an important issue in other geographical areas.

Ed Miliband favoured austerity "lite",of course,which is also one of the major reasons why he lost the 2015 GE.

No the reason Labour lost was because they had to overcome the Blair factor. They failed because they chose Miliband as their leader.....To the real working class men and women alike Ed was a 'Dry lunch'.....Its as simple as that.

No, Tory spin which blamed Labour for being responsible for the 2008 crisis, is what "won" Cameron the 2010 election.

If you are trying to tell us the Tory campaign was more effective than Labours, I wouldn't disagree and will happily add that to the list of reasons why Labour lost that particular election :winking:

There are many restrictions in farming and horticulture which come from EU; some are good but others don't seem to be working. DEFRA regularly block and ban lots/shipments/resale of plants/flowers from Holland as they are infested either at the roots or branch level with parasites;- due to ineffective (& EU regulated) pesticides. (Incidentally the local SE Essex inspector is a lovely lady who previously worked on the Duchy of Cornwall Estate).
Some of the EU laws ought to be, IMO, guidelines as the regions and local concerns vary enormously across the huge area of the EU and what makes great sense on the use of pesticides close to major supply areas of fresh water in, for example, Holland, is not such an important issue in other geographical areas.

I think (though may be wrong) that one of the arguments for stubble burning was that it was a positive for irrigation, so as you point out may be beneficial in low lying areas such as Holland or indeed the Fens here in the UK.

I doubt very much the global banking collapse can be laid at the doorstep of any politician. Not my view that, just the general concensus.

Iraq, yeah, fair point. But I doubt your hardcore anti war protesters all of a sudden voted Tory. They probably didn't vote at all.

I doubt very much the global banking collapse can be laid at the doorstep of any politician. Not my view that, just the general concensus.

Iraq, yeah, fair point. But I doubt your hardcore anti war protesters all of a sudden voted Tory. They probably didn't vote at all.

I didn't lay the collapse of Banks at the foot of politicians, it was their failure to regulate the banks....on top of flogging our gold reserves and increasing debt massively.

As history shows it was a perfect storm.

Like that hasn't happened before....We sold half our Gold in 1970.Heaths days.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/ampp3d/final-word-gordon-browns-gold-5614853

Absolutely having not learnt our lesson the first time round we went and did it again.as the piece from the mirror concludes.

Governments and not just our own see gold as a lazy asset....deciding to sell it is not a bad thing assuming you get the right price...in Browns case he famously under sold over a period of 3 years ...at face value thats a loss of 300 usd per tax payer (Gold prices went up by 256 per cent) or 9 billion in total before he reinvested elsewhere and attempted to mitigate the loss.

Back