• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

If you are trying to tell us the Tory campaign was more effective than Labours, I wouldn't disagree and will happily add that to the list of reasons why Labour lost that particular election :winking:

To make it quite clear, what I'm saying is, that the idea that profligate public spending by Labour somehow caused the 2008 recession is nothing other than a Tory myth.In fact,Labour's relatively small pre-crash deficit, made no difference to the UK's ability to deal with the financial crisis.

To make it quite clear, what I'm saying is, that the idea that profligate public spending by Labour somehow caused the 2008 recession is nothing other than a Tory myth.In fact,Labour's relatively small pre-crash deficit, made no difference to the UK's ability to deal with the financial crisis.

It is not a myth but a matter of record, that Labour have admitted and apologized for their failure to regulate the banks.

If I, you and anyone else borrow money and spend it without holding any back to cover a crisis, then we have less room to maneuver when said crisis occurs.

Equally if I sell my assets at a lower price then could have been achieved on 17 different occasions, as Brown did with Gold then rightfully at the very least my financial / economic judgement could be called into question....I could just leave a note saying 'I have spent all the money'....though couldn't I...I'm pretty sure that would win me some support back eh?:winking:

Last edited:
I love a link that starts with the word 'could'.
Given the nature of Brexit is uncertain, any prediction has to be caveated around that. However, the analysis is correct in that if in terms of regulation and access/reimbursement decisions the UK has to operate outside of the EU's processes, then this is going to significantly disadvantage the UK both in terms of the length of time it takes medicines to become available (if ever) relative to the EU, and also impact on the life sciences/pharma industry more generally.

It is not a myth but a matter of record, that Labour have admitted and apologized for their failure to regulate the banks.

If I, you and anyone else borrow money and spend it without holding any back to cover a crisis, then we have less room to maneuver when said crisis occurs.

Equally if I sell my assets at a lower price then could have been achieved on 17 different occasions, as Brown did with Gold then rightfully at the very least my financial / economic judgement could be called into question....I could just leave a note saying 'I have spent all the money'....though couldn't I...I'm pretty sure that would win me some support back eh?:winking:

Some right-wing figures in the PLP, including three of those involved in the 2015 leadership election,which is precisely why they lost.

You may not have noticed that Labour is now under new management.:winking:

(PS.I think the note actually read: "I'm afraid there's no money").

Given the nature of Brexit is uncertain, any prediction has to be caveated around that. However, the analysis is correct in that if in terms of regulation and access/reimbursement decisions the UK has to operate outside of the EU's processes, then this is going to significantly disadvantage the UK both in terms of the length of time it takes medicines to become available (if ever) relative to the EU, and also impact on the life sciences/pharma industry more generally.

I hear the EMA is moving to Amsterdam? How many UK staff will lose their jobs? More than the darts girls?

I hear the EMA is moving to Amsterdam? How many UK staff will lose their jobs? More than the darts girls?
Yep the EMA plan to open their new Amsterdam office in 2019. Not sure how many staff will actually lose their jobs but I think around 1,000 people work there and so there'll be many who won't want to relocate.

Think that is being contested by the Italians via the courts....the decision to award Amsterdam was based on the flipping of a coin after a tie break on votes....there was only one flip...which any student of the EU knows has to be flipped constantly until the correct result comes up.

I think that we are going to lose somewhere in the region of 2-3 million jobs over this, and will ultimately lead to the break down of our society.

I think that we are going to lose somewhere in the region of 2-3 million jobs over this, and will ultimately lead to the break down of our society.

Losing industry experts is never a good thing, despite your obvious sarcasm. Although I'm sure Rigsby won't like me using the term "experts"

Losing industry experts is never a good thing, despite your obvious sarcasm. Although I'm sure Rigsby won't like me using the term "experts"

To be fair I am glad you have used the term experts...rep given accordingly.

Not me, I love an expert. Without them waving a privileged finger at us oiks there would be no Brexit.

Still I bet no one at the EMA ever said a word when other peoples jobs went overseas. Or indeed when other peoples wages are driven down by mass immigration.

Not me, I love an expert. Without them waving a privileged finger at us oiks there would be no Brexit.

Still I bet no one at the EMA ever said a word when other peoples jobs went overseas. Or indeed when other peoples wages are driven down by mass immigration.

But you are an expert yourself. In trolling, anecdotes and conjecture. :winking:

Couldn't resist this, from today's Guardian...............

WILL THERE BE A BREXIT DEAL?

"At this stage, both sides say they think they can reach a deal in time for the deadline. However, the EU says the deadline is in October and the UK says actually, it’s December – which sums the whole thing up quite nicely."

According to Bloomberg. Greece's economy is now outstripping the UK's.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/arti...il&utm_term=0_10959edeb5-fe55d4ef27-190131681

Now I generally don't deal in internet links because all the UK media has some sort of agenda, but this is a US financial report with no bias. It's an interesting and worrying read.

I don't know much about Brexit, bar the complexities of moving goods across borders and all that goes with it, so I wont comment further.

Back