• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

Christ you are a child.
Why can't you just discuss things normally.

Thanks for proving my point.

You never discuss anything. Plenty of pointless statements about TM. Or like on the Tommy Robinson thread you try and bully another poster into removing something but never ever a discussion. Even with other Labour voters who disagree with you

Thanks for proving my point.

You never discuss anything. Plenty of pointless statements about TM. Or like on the Tommy Robinson thread you try and bully another poster into removing something but never ever a discussion. Even with other Labour voters who disagree with you
7372 posts of not discussing anything!
Just because you disagree with everything I say doesn't mean its pointless - its a difference of opinion, that's expected in a discussion.
Bit silly to say I would bully someone, I'm one of the gentlest people you could meet. What was it you were banned for - was that bulling or something else?

Just discuss things properly and answer the points made in the posts you are replying too - it makes the process run so much smoother.

[FONT=&quot]Laura K BBC[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tory remain rebels seeing PM thisafternoon, discussions of various compromises over the withdrawal bill nextweek - rebels not wearing any of it so far[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Govt to publish backstop papertomorrow morning- before Brexit committee meets (TCA (Temporary CustomsArrangement))[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]No 10 sources adamant all thedocument is what ministers already agreed in black and white - that's not theview of everyone in govt - feels like next 24 hours could be v important interms of whether eurosceptic ministers fall in behind the proposal or not[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]One of those days in SW1 where itfeels like everything could suddenly and v quickly get v v messy + dramatic, orby this time tmrw the fever will have passed and we’ll wonder what the fuss wasabout[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Davis says ‘uk has avoided tit fortat briefings’ from the negotiations - a cynic might say they have been busyenough briefing against each other[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Davis then says it will ‘not bemembership light’ - as literally across the road May meeting rebel remainerstrying to find compromise to avoid defeat next week[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Davis accuses the Commission of‘shooting itself in the foot just to prove the gun works’[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]David Davis says backstop proposalis still subject to discussions by Cabinet committee - that is NOT a number tenposition - they believe it can be published before cttee meets[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

7372 posts of not discussing anything!
Just because you disagree with everything I say doesn't mean its pointless - its a difference of opinion, that's expected in a discussion.
Bit silly to say I would bully someone, I'm one of the gentlest people you could meet. What was it you were banned for - was that bulling or something else?

Just discuss things properly and answer the points made in the posts you are replying too - it makes the process run so much smoother.

I thought you were going to try counter the TR support march on Saturday. In an attempt to stop free speech.

I thought you were going to try counter the TR support march on Saturday. In an attempt to stop free speech.
I said UAF were countering the 'release TR despite the fact he admitted his guilt' demo - both sides will be expressing free speech - one side stating their wish for a criminal to be released and one side stating the opinion a criminal should serve his sentence. I'll be watching my youngest daughter's ballet performance - prior engagement.

I said UAF were countering the 'release TR despite the fact he admitted his guilt' demo - both sides will be expressing free speech - one side stating their wish for a criminal to be released and one side stating the opinion a criminal should serve his sentence. I'll be watching my youngest daughter's ballet performance - prior engagement.

You had your chance to 'discuss' this on the thread and could have earned the zone £100. Of course you have no answer as to why the state would deliberately place a category D prisoner on mortgage fraud in a category A prison and the same wing as the 5 muslim extremists serving 30 years who were convicted of trying to murder him just six months before.

You had your chance to 'discuss' this on the thread and could have earned the zone £100. Of course you have no answer as to why the state would deliberately place a category D prisoner on mortgage fraud in a category A prison and the same wing as the 5 muslim extremists serving 30 years who were convicted of trying to murder him just six months before.

Oh do **** off, you lost that arguement within 30 seconds and the only reason Shrimperzone has missex out on £100 is because you welshed on the bet. No one gives a flying **** about Robinson or whatever name he is using this week apart from you so **** off for a love in with him somewhere else and let the rest of us talk about the relevent topics of the thread title.

1. Why bring it up on this thread?
2. I asked you exactly what you wanted answered for your imaginary £100 and you didn't reply. I'm not a mind reader, especially not your mind as your thought patterns make no sense to me at all.

Oh do **** off, you lost that arguement within 30 seconds and the only reason Shrimperzone has missex out on £100 is because you welshed on the bet. No one gives a flying **** about Robinson or whatever name he is using this week apart from you so **** off for a love in with him somewhere else and let the rest of us talk about the relevent topics of the thread title.

The Brexit thread does cover free speech, democracy and what's right. Nice rant though :thumbsup:

Back to Brexit.

Theresa May ducked and swerved and ignored the question 'when will we see the White Paper' repeatedly at PMQs, lots of attacks on the government's lack of progress from various industries today - none mentioned in George Osborne's Evening Standard tonight but a front page of 'Labour split by Corbyn's Brexit cop out'. Back in the world where the government negotiate the terms not the opposition - and there are potential issues with the head of the Brexit department:

Robert Peston:

David Davis, the Brexit secretary of state and arguably the most important minister in this government other than the PM, faces a moment of truth tomorrow.
He is completely clear that it would be a disastrous mistake for the Prime Minister and the UK government to offer Brussels a backstop proposal for keeping the Irish border open that does not contain a specified end date.
His reason is simple.
That backstop would commit the UK to staying in the customs union and single market.
And once the EU were to have that commitment, Davis believes - plausibly - that his Brussels interlocutor Michel Barnier would no longer have any incentive to negotiate seriously on alternative arrangements for keeping the border open.
Davis would have zero leverage in those talks to obtain technical or fiscal solutions to the border issue.
And since Davis takes the view that a backstop without an end date would castrate him, it is very difficult to see how he could stay in his job.
Now there is no sign of the PM and Downing Street backing down to give him what he wants. My Downing Street sources tell me that it is impossible to write a date into the backstop, simply because it is impossible to know how long the backstop would be needed.
And they are also saying that we are likely to see the finished backstop tomorrow - though whether it will be published before or after the Brexit war cabinet meets (also tomorrow) is unclear.
For the avoidance of doubt, May and Downing Street are well aware that Davis has become more and more disillusioned about how they are backseat driving the Brexit negotiations - in a manner he sees as delivering sub-optimal outcomes (to put it euphemistically).
But they don't seem too bothered.
So will Davis quit tomorrow? I would not bet anything valuable on him choosing to stay.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Channel 4, BBC, ITV, Huffington Post, Mirror, all repeating the David Davis to quit rumour, Telegraph had the May / Davis split as it's front page, Guardian similar, Times saying May is keeping ministers in the dark over Brexit.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Could be an interesting breakthrough very soon. Though Davis has been rumoured to be on the verge of quitting 5 times before and has a reputation for being lazy - can he be bothered to quit?[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT="]Channel 4, BBC, ITV, Huffington Post, Mirror, all repeating the David Davis to quit rumour, Telegraph had the May / Davis split as it's front page, Guardian similar, Times saying May is keeping ministers in the dark over Brexit.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT="][FONT="][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT="]Could be an interesting breakthrough very soon. Though Davis has been rumoured to be on the verge of quitting 5 times before and has a reputation for being lazy - can he be bothered to quit?[/FONT][/FONT]

Bitten off more than he can chew springs instantly to mind, about 18 months ago.

Number 10 says Davis isn't going. I'll give it a week.
I think it boiled down to putting an end date on the backstop offer to the EU. Davis wanted one added, May didn't. She caved in and he stays for now. The issue is now that the EU didn't want an end date on it either, so now that is potentially another point of disagreement with them.

The Backstop agreement is essentially what fills the void if there is no actual agreement - so the void filler being a resignable issue maybe indicates that an actual agreement is looking less likely.

It's all a bit of a mess.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44407771

Boris Johnson has criticised the UK government's Brexit talks strategy, saying it lacks "guts" and suggested Donald Trump could do a better job.
The foreign secretary also took a swipe at Chancellor Philip Hammond, calling the Treasury "the heart of Remain", in comments to a private dinner.
He said the Brexit talks were heading for "meltdown" and Leave supporters may not get the deal they expected.

Downing Street said Theresa May had "full confidence" in Mr Johnson

she is the weakest PM ever - no contest.

It does make me laugh that every day somebody on the Tele or radio calls for a new referendum on Brexit. A, because the vote didn't go their way. B, because the vote would probably go their way in a new vote.

First and last time I will contribute to this debate but we need a second referendum because we simply need to stay in the EU. If the people advocating that we leave had spelled out what that might mean at the beginning we wouldn't be in the s**t, like we well and truly are, now. The country consuming itself from within while the clock keeps ticking. Not a credible top team at the ballot box, for either of the main parties, a government and PM propped up by a minor party with, let's say, a niche set of values, a rise in (unhelpful at best) nationalism and most importantly a realisation (too late), that the blaming of Europe on this country's so called 'ills' over the last 40 years by politicians of all parties, and the all too quick acceptance (wrongly IMO by half the population) of same has come back to bite us all, squarely on the arse. If anybody still thinks that this country is going to be better off OVERALL outside the EU - and that it is frankly going to be a nicer place to live- all I would say is I think they are going to be VERY disappointed. David Davis, Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson and co will ultimately be seen in the history books, as no more than second-rate opportunists who were seriously bad for this country's financial and social health. The people who voted for what they advocated unfortunately - and I genuinely don't mean this disrespectfully - as 'turkeys voting for Christmas.'

Back