• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brit Tennis Shocker !!!!

you dont even have to be born abroad to have a riduclously foreign surname anyways!... trust me!

I did forget Nasser Hussain born in Madras and Robin Smith (South Africa). I think these would replace Slack and Butcher in my line-up.

As for England Football, I can think of (fill in the gaps, if you can):

GK -
RB -
CD - Terry Butcher (Singapore)
CD -
LB - Tony Dorigo (Australia)
RM - John Salako (Nigeria)
CM - Owen Hargreaves (Canada)
CM - Colin Viljoen (South Africa)
LM - John Barnes (Jamaica)
For - Luther Blissett (Jamaica)
For - Cyrille Regis (French Guiana)

I think Craig Johnston (born in South Africa, but an Aussie) made a squad once but didn't play.

Manager - Graham Failure (Mars)

Wasnt Gary Bailey, former Man U keeper and 3rd choice for 86 world cup a Saffa?

I see Bogdanovic and South beat Wassen and Chan (13th seeds) 6-4 6-3.
Doing extremely well so far! (This is the only aspect to get excited about at Wimbledon from a British point of view).

I had to laugh at the BBC Breakfast News this morning, During the sport bulletin, Sue Thearle the presenter said that during the rain interruptions at Wimbldon there had been much discussion about the state of British tennis. She then said, "however, there is one bright piece of news about the sport in this country." I thought she was going to talk about teh mixed doubles pairing. But no! The bright piece of news for British tennis is that we have a World #1 in Wheelchair tennis. Well thank F*** for that!!!

I had to laugh at the BBC Breakfast News this morning, During the sport bulletin, Sue Thearle the presenter said that during the rain interruptions at Wimbldon there had been much discussion about the state of British tennis. She then said, "however, there is one bright piece of news about the sport in this country." I thought she was going to talk about teh mixed doubles pairing. But no! The bright piece of news for British tennis is that we have a World #1 in Wheelchair tennis. Well thank F*** for that!!!

Blimey! Bet you need a big racket to get one of them over the net...

i seem Murrays brother, and his counterpart are also still in the mixed doubles

Yea that's right, Murray and Jankovic (who is winning the Champions race this year - simply due to the amount of tournaments she has participated in) beat the number 3 seeds Knowles and Yan 7-6 6-7 6-3.

Another quality result by the underdogs.

And very nice it was to see Murray and Jankovic win the mixed doubles too.

First british player to lift a trophy (from one of the 5 main events) at Wimbledon since 1987 and first Brit to win a main event in any grand slam since 1991 :eek:

And very nice it was to see Murray and Jankovic win the mixed doubles too.

First british player to lift a trophy (from one of the 5 main events) at Wimbledon since 1987 and first Brit to win a main event in any grand slam since 1991 :eek:

There's rumours that those two are at it. What do people reckon?

Oh and well done to them too. For the tennis that is. Not the (alleged) humping.

i'd heard that too... even Inverdale was having a dig about it

Wouldn't surprise me if they were... Jankovic was being very coy around him.
She denied any 'involvement' away from the tennis court in midweek when asked but according to the commentators yesterday she offered to 'kiss Murray all over' if they won the competition!

Back