• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Even 'chris powell's mate' is not sure who is taking over.

Early days, everyone.

A note on Phil Brown - I didn't want him and I never particularly liked him. But he leaves the club a division higher than he found it and, this season aside, has generally had us competing at the right end of the table. There have been many Southend managers in my lifetime who have achieved no where near that - so he gets my thanks and respect for that.[/QUOTE]

Agree, he got us promoted and stabilized us in L1, he'll go with my thanks for that.

So it gardening leave for Brown, contracts terminated for GC and BH. Just wonder who will be boss for Saturday ?:thumbsup:

Duncan and Maher.

Agree, he got us promoted and stabilized us in L1, he'll go with my thanks for that.

Indeed. Certainly not shocked and think it was time to go as this season has been a disaster, but he did get us out of League Two and improved us each year before now. Wont ever forget the Play off final, my top SUFC moment.

Not sure about stabilized right now though :)

Though I think PBs time has been up for a couple of weeks, I wish him all the best as we did play some of the best football I've seen for a long while last season.

Also I don't think he gets enough credit for the advances made with the youngsters. I heard from within the club that one of the first things PB did was integrate the youth and first team, which is something the previous management didn't do.

I expect whoever comes in RM will want that work with the youngsters to continue

He can't go! He still owes me, and many others, a pint from Shrewsbury away a few years ago. A promise is a promise.

Don't think so, and I can't see why everybody is celebrating. The new man, when confirmed, has all of 14 days to get HIS new recruits in.

This...

Why on earth anyone here thinks being at the point where we have to sack the whole backroom team is cause for celebration is baffling.
I'd personally be celebrating if all was going well and we were not having to change the management team.

"Phil Brown, on Gardening Leave whilst a settlement agreement is completed" = looking down the back of the club sofa, to see if we have any loose change left

On the scouting front although obviously some things are pretty urgent I hope Ron and the New Manager subsequently take a little time to determine the best model going forward, Wouldnt be the end of the world if a consultant was briefly brought in to examine and assess the best models out there for proven positive outcomes or at least look around a bit at whats happening elsewhere. This is what good Management does if it wants to get ahead of competitors, I would say that though as once as part of my former consultancy business offered my services for free, well not entirely free, a season ticket actually until I proved the beneficial outcomes and revenue. I appreciate we are not rolling in cash but sometimes a small investment can make a big difference long term, just as taking a risk and piloting a few models helps you get a good perspective on what works

Not too surprised that Ron and the Board have decided enough is enough. Phil Brown's gamble to sign experienced players with decent previous form has unfortunately backfired ... big time.

But a word of caution to those fans jumping up and down with delight. When we signed these players most people on this Board were excited about the prospect of promotion. Now sadly, we are in a relegation fight and it doesn't matter who comes in to manage, or what new players we sign ... there are tough times ahead for the Blues.

Back