• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I know, Ricky.

It made me chuckle that he's almost in the hot seat, already.

I can see PB leaving RM's office and Powelly sitting outside waiting to go in!

Would not be at all surprised, as I intimated yesterday, that Graham Coughlan gets the sack as assistant and PB remains in charge following the talks - with a new assistant bought in

That would really surprise me! From what I've heard the players really like Coughlan

PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE don't just be winding us up Phillips! I don't like this 'doubt' business either. I want it to be 'definitely' over

On Chris Powell as manager.
Mixed feelings.
Firstly my favourite player of all time (well my 30 odd years supporting)
Secondly got promotion with Charlton as manager. But not much else.
Certainly a figure that commands respect though...england caps and all that. And generally a top fella....southend legend.
Interesting times ahead .

He was quite harshly dismissed from Huddersfield from memory, although I prefer to put his record to one side just for a moment, and think about the galvanising effect this appointment could have (if indeed it is not just a rumour) for us as fans, the players, staff and everybody connected with the Club.
To me, the priority now is to have a man in charge who can eradicate the general malaise running through the club, and push us into the safety of mid-table obscurity, all the while making us supporters feel warm and fuzzy inside that our club is in the safe hands of somebody as close to 'one of our own' as we can get.

PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE don't just be winding us up Phillips! I don't like this 'doubt' business either. I want it to be 'definitely' over

Don't sit on the fence. Tell us how you really feel.

He was quite harshly dismissed from Huddersfield from memory, although I prefer to put his record to one side just for a moment, and think about the galvanising effect this appointment could have (if indeed it is not just a rumour) for us as fans, the players, staff and everybody connected with the Club.
To me, the priority now is to have a man in charge who can eradicate the general malaise running through the club, and push us into the safety of mid-table obscurity, all the while making us supporters feel warm and fuzzy inside that our club is in the safe hands of somebody as close to 'one of our own' as we can get.

Well put sir.
Don't get me wrong seeing Chris Powell introduced as gaffer would be a true highlight (I welled up big time when he got picked for england) galvanizing indeed.

On Chris Powell as manager.
Mixed feelings.
Firstly my favourite player of all time (well my 30 odd years supporting)
Secondly got promotion with Charlton as manager. But not much else.
Certainly a figure that commands respect though...england caps and all that. And generally a top fella....southend legend.
Interesting times ahead .

Agreed.

I'd love him to be a success with us but it would be extra painful if it didn't work out. Given the mess he's inheriting that is a real danger. Even if he keeps us up this season, next season looks like being a struggle such is the rebuild that's necessary.

What if it ends up being one of the other 2 candidates?

I'm a bit apprehensive of Powell as manager. Loved him as a player but he hasn't been that impressive as a manager elsewhere, would hate for him to come here and sour his memory.

I agree. I am underwhelmed by his managerial record and according to many, his style of play isn't particularly enthralling.

This is a big decision and we need to get it right. Hope Ron is using his head, not his heart.

Agreed.

I'd love him to be a success with us but it would be extra painful if it didn't work out. Given the mess he's inheriting that is a real danger. Even if he keeps us up this season, next season looks like being a struggle such is the rebuild that's necessary.

Powell failing as manager here would break my heart

Back