• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown in or Brown out ?

• Brown in

Votes: 192 73.0%
  • Brown out

Votes: 71 27.0%

• Total voters

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
So many people have differing views on here. It's a very simple poll.

Should have gone years ago, we are spending a hell of a lot more money and making no progress. On top of our poor league form, boring style of play we never have success in the cup.

Brown out for me and take Bob Shaw and Brian Horton with you

74% "Brown In"

Mmmmm.... not looking to good for the moaners is it.

Brown in please and thank you.

As many others have stated, Phil is one of our best managers in our clubs history. Of the 233 games, he's either won or drawn 155 of them. Not a bad record..... Lets be honest.. we could (have done a lot worse with others).

We've just been un-beaten after winning 4 on the trot, and wev'e faced some tough sides. No team in Division One is taken as a given.

We will lose again for sure, but we will also win again for sure. This season is still in it's infancy, best to discuss it when the January transfer window closes and we are in the relagation zone. Before than. Bore off. Thats get behind OUR team & be the 12th man.

UTS
:happy:

I didnt want PB at this club in the first place, but we are n div 1 which is better than when he took over, missed the playoffs by 1 point. The injuries we have had at the start of this season has crippled us, some i would say are down him, some are not. So 7 out off 10 PB, but could do better.

Should have gone years ago, we are spending a hell of a lot more money and making no progress. On top of our poor league form, boring style of play we never have success in the cup.

Brown out for me and take Bob Shaw and Brian Horton with you

Making no progress? Whilst I'm not convinced he'll keep his record this year he's improved our finishing position every year he's been here.

The money point is irrelevant since pretty much all the smaller sides in the league are spending more than they ever had before due to increased prize/TV money. I'd be amazed if our budget was even top 10 for this league.

Blimey we do have some spoilt brats amongst our fan base. Sack a manager for being mid table in league 1 with only a little more than a quarter of the season gone and a previous record of improvement every year previous. Madness! I'm not even a big PB fan.

Some fans are plain and simply unrealistic. Give it a rest please. Most of us are tired of knee jerk reactions. COYBB

Blimey we do have some spoilt brats amongst our fan base. Sack a manager for being mid table in league 1 with only a little more than a quarter of the season gone and a previous record of improvement every year previous. Madness! I'm not even a big PB fan.

'Spoilt brats?' That must refer to me then. I'm not sure I appreciate the condescending tone. Your opinion on PB's tenure may differ to mine but I am not going to try and belittle you.

'To every thing there is a season.' I feel sure PB has had his and its time to move on. A bucket can be a great servant but very few people keep one when the bottom has fallen out.

The problem with these polls,there is no alternative to what happens when he goes

Lets bring in Barrett, Collymore, Maher all untested, lets bring in Lincolns brothers again totally untried in higher divisions, maybe we can get Big Sam on low wages or Mark McGhee or Alan Pardew all totally unrealistic, so lets keep faith in Brown for at least until the end of the season, and then if the Chairman decides he is to go then bring someone in to meet and essentially work with the players. not muddle through and then find relegation a real prospect

I'm an In for Brown, think he is doing a good job, and everyone was saying what great signings he had made before they got injured and suspended, fickle,fickle,fans
UTS

He's not going anywhere at this time. We were here last season and the moaning and 'Brown out' only stopped when we started climbing the league. Any club would struggle with the amount of injuries and suspensions. The only thing I think he's accountable for is playing Tims at left back, and the players constantly lumping the ball up to Rangers head. I still believe we will finish top half when all the players are back, and just like last season, don't count us out for a play-off push.

I've not got a problem with PB but just stop the square pegs in rounds holes game please.

Biggest budget any Southend manager has had to work with and he has royally ****ed it on over the hill has beens who haven't got off the treatment table

OUT!!!!

He's not the best manager in the world, there are times when I question his decisions but we need to look at the bigger picture.

Has he done a good job? Without question, he has improved us every season, won promotion, established us in a new league then competed for a play off place right down to the last day of the season. A season is not 2 months long and he certainly deserves this full season before we question his position after what has gone before.

Could we get better? Possibly but IMO for the club that we are we have rolled a 5, if we roll again we could get a 6 but it's not likely.

When we take budget compared to achievement is he value for money? I have seen the argument that he has the highest budget we have ever had but it is relative. The money in football has turned ridiculous and that has filtered down the leagues, I'd wager most clubs are spending more than they ever have before. It has been mentioned that our budget could well be outside the top ten in this league and with that in mind I think a lot of fans need more realistic expectations. Please note I said EXPECTATIONS, nothing wrong with hoping for promotion and thinking it realistic.

I think calls for Browns head are way too premature, it is possible he has taken us as far as he can, personally I don't think so. We certainly need to give him a lot more time before we decide whether that is the case.

Brown in

BUT he needs to stop being so open in interviews !!!! Publicly slagging off individual players is the absolute best way of shattering a players confidence , and this leads to the fans following with abuse on match days. Rollock a player face to face but dont do it in the papers/ media !

Stop blaming officials - all it does is rub everyone up the wrong way. Be gracious in defeat and say the best team won.

Take some responsibility yourself - You pick the team , you set the style , so if it doesnt go to plan you sort it out on the training ground until it does.

Otherwise , i'm happy with the progress our club has made in the last 4 years or so

Back