• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am just speculating here but what if Lennon's contract has some sort of clause which substantially reduces the cost of his exit in the summer in the event that Bolton get relegated ? (At the moment it is suggested that it will cost the consortium £600k to offload him)

And if Bolton need a manager who knows League 1 and can help them to return at the first attempt then PB is surely a stand out candidate ?

Plus PB could potentially entice some key players to switch who he knows can perform more than adequately at League 1 level e.g. Bentley Leonard Barnett

And if its true that promoted clubs from League 1 will get £6 million on arrival in the Chumpionship as was mentioned on Sky on Monday night then a season of re-building could work well for Bolton

Lets hope Lennon keeps them up :)

It is just possible that PB will 1. Not be allowed to speak to Bolton, or 2) He may wish to remain at Roots Hall and see us up to the Championship this season or next. A lot depends on Ron and his actions in the next few months.

Last edited:
Or it might just be an idea to suggest Brown applies for jobs anyway. he is too strong for Ron in a financial sense

It is just possible that PB will 1) Not be allowed to speak to Burton, or 2) He may wish to remain at Roots Hall and see us up to the Championship this season or next. A lot depends on Ron and his actions in the next few months.

Completely agree - I can't see Ron allowing the Burton Chairman to speak to Browny boy unless it is to congratulate him on the win on Monday. :smile: And he should have done that on the evening!

Completely agree - I can't see Ron allowing the Burton Chairman to speak to Browny boy unless it is to congratulate him on the win on Monday. :smile: And he should have done that on the evening!

Nice one Rattus, Monday is still fresh in my mind and Bolton and Burton both begin with a B. Amended now, doh!!

I am just speculating here but what if Lennon's contract has some sort of clause which substantially reduces the cost of his exit in the summer in the event that Bolton get relegated ? (At the moment it is suggested that it will cost the consortium £600k to offload him)

And if Bolton need a manager who knows League 1 and can help them to return at the first attempt then PB is surely a stand out candidate ?

Plus PB could potentially entice some key players to switch who he knows can perform more than adequately at League 1 level e.g. Bentley Leonard Barnett

And if its true that promoted clubs from League 1 will get £6 million on arrival in the Chumpionship as was mentioned on Sky on Monday night then a season of re-building could work well for Bolton

Lets hope Lennon keeps them up :)

I've not seen anything to suggest that promoted clubs get anywhere near that much. It's mad to think that promotion the premier league is worth 50 million but promotion to the league below is worth peanuts and relegation is now worth about 30 million via a parachute payment.

In effect relegation is rewarded and promotion not.

It is just possible that PB will 1. Not be allowed to speak to Bolton, or 2) He may wish to remain at Roots Hall and see us up to the Championship this season or next. A lot depends on Ron and his actions in the next few months.

There are of course plenty of 'unofficial' ways to speak to Bolton. Its rule that is simple to get round and if you want.

Read my post on Phil Brown Getting us to the Championship.

I bumped into Phil Brown down Thorpe Bay Broadway today.

So he's off in the summer then?

There is a bit more to it than the normal rumours. Even if its not Bolton we will find it difficult to keep our best two assets this summer....Bentley and Brown. Both will be offered contracts several times more than what their on at the moment.

Back