• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oxley excels as Blues secure victory at Cambridge

MARC-Antoine Fortune and Theo Robinson were both on target as Southend United triumphed 2-0 at Cambridge United this afternoon.

More...

very poor considering the proceeds will go to Simon and his family. Understand why not many of our fans have attended, but you'd think CUFC fans would have supported this in greater numbers? Maybe if it wasn't against us they would have?

Surely they could've attracted a decent prem club using the Dobbin fundraising and got a bigger crowd. Seems a real waste to be honest and with tensions being high a lot of Southend fans will have avoided it.

Phil Brown was really impressed with Michael Klass today.

Technically very good and again could turn out be very good business- the big advantage of the current policy on quality over quantity is the chance to bring in and develop younger players- which in itself will attract more like Klass as they will believe they will get a chance

More to the point have they all come back...

I am assuming that all past off without incident, and that no Southend supporter was stupid enough to take refreshment in a Cambridge Hostelry after the match

What? Football is just a game. Most/the vast majority of people are perfectly reasonable and sociable - let's not take an appalling incident and make out everyone else is like that. This is why I detest all this "macho" talk about the old days of fighting and stupidity - if you love football then you will have nothing to do with violence and aggression.

Be a man ........... and stick up for peace and friendship.

Sorry, I find it pathetic that the talk is about avoiding conflict, surely this was a day of togetherness. What is the world coming to if we are looking for conflict where it doesn't exist. Pathetic.

Blues boss Brown: Win at Cambridge was a game of two halves

SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown felt this afternoon’s 2-0 win at Cambridge United was a game of two contrasting halves.

More...

What? Football is just a game. Most/the vast majority of people are perfectly reasonable and sociable - let's not take an appalling incident and make out everyone else is like that. This is why I detest all this "macho" talk about the old days of fighting and stupidity - if you love football then you will have nothing to do with violence and aggression.

Be a man ........... and stick up for peace and friendship.

As much as I agree you,this **** still happens around the country every week,no good sticking your fingers in your ears and closing your eyes it ain't going away anytime soon,just be a little careful on away days would be my advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there some sort of embargo by the club about putting up highlights from this game on the OS? :angry:

More than 48 hours afterwards now and still nothing to see.

At least from Saturday. ifollow will be exclusively responsible for providing this service.

Back