• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Celeb spotting at gigs

hexagon_sun

Manager
Inspired by Napster seeing De La Soul in the audience of a Biz Markie gig, let's have your best celeb spots at gigs (not including the band you're there to see, obv.). Those I can remember right now;

Bobby Gillespie (at The Garage to see Arthur Lee)
Mick Ronson (as above)
Bjork (at Kings College to see Arcade Fire)
Bernard Butler (as above)
Fran Healy (as above)
Noel Gallagher (at the International Student House to see The Beta Band)
Ian Lee (at the RFH to see Brian Wilson)
Gruff Rhys (as above)
Kevin Eldon (at the RFH to see Super Furry Animals)
One of The Almighty (at Donnington 1991)
Jarvis Cocker (at the Cambridge Junction to see The Beta Band and at Dingwalls to see Richard Hawley)
Sean Hughes (at Sheperds Bush Empire to see Belle & Sebastian)
Mark Thomas (at Brixton Academy to see The Strokes)

errrr.. do you have a lot of spare time or something? how can you remember all that..
rock.gif

Yes, I am at something of a loose end today. To be honest though, I only recalled 1 or 2 of these initially and it was only when I started thinking about it that the others flooded back. The brain is a wonderful thing.

Phil Jupitus at a Harry Hill show in Southend

Mo Mowlam bought me a beer at a Blockheads gig

Richie from 5 at a different Blockheads gig

Some bloke from Eastenders (Nigel?) at a U2 gig

Paul McCartney at Roy Ayers, Ronnie Scott's (1997)
Sting at Notting Hill Billies, Ronnie Scott's (1998)
Goldie, having a massive dance in the Metalheadz tent to a superb set by DJs Kemistry (RIP
sad.gif
) & Storm (1996)

errr, that's about it - but then I'm really bad at 'sleb' spotting...

smile.gif

Matt

freddy flintoff in frankfurt.. although that wasn't a gig

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ June 19 2006,12:47)]Phil Jupitus at a Harry Hill show in Southend
Does "Phil Jupitus in the burger queue at Roots Hall" count?! In that case, I'll also claim "Terry Alderton in the away stand at Macclesfield" and "Terry Alderton at Roots Hall"...

laugh.gif

Saw Tim Vine at a burlesque & cabaret night on Saturday. He'd gone to see his mate do a stand-up set... dear oh dear, wrong venue, wrong crowd. His mate went down like the Titanic - slowly and painfully...

suspect.gif

Jamie Theakston, Lauren Laverne and Huey Fun Lovin Criminal at Blur, Brixton Academy '97.

Howard Marks at Super Furry Animals, Forum '96 ( quelle surprise! )

Jim Bob from Carter at Manics, Brixton '94

I'm going to **** on everyone's parade.
Celebs seen at my own gigs...
Edith Bowman...Ronan Keating...Alan McGee...Steve Lamacq...
To name but four.
tounge.gif

And I lost at pool to Jamie Theakston once...I was hammered.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keefmoon @ June 19 2006,13:00)]I'm going to **** on everyone's parade.
Celebs seen at my own gigs...
Edith Bowman...Ronan Keating...Alan McGee...Steve Lamacq...
To name but four.
tounge.gif
Well if those are allowed I'm having Mackenzie Crook and Geoff Travis
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keefmoon @ June 19 2006,13:00)]I'm going to **** on everyone's parade.
Arse!

tounge.gif

(Fair play, in your shoes I'd do the same...!  My lame attempt at a comeback is: I played in a band with a guy who used to be in Reef...

...before they were famous!)

Oo.gif

laugh.gif

Some good spots there but think you had all better quit now coz no one can top my all time spot at a Red Hot Chilli Peppers concert and I also has the privelage to meet the guy. This celeb was born on January 17, 1957. his Zodiac Sign is Capricorn and his birthday falls under the Year of the Rooster. He also has appeared in blockbuster films such as Whatever Happened to Harold Smith? (1999) and The Tragedy of Macbeth (1971).

Who is the celeb? None other than.......(drum roll please)

Keith 'Cheggers' Chegwin

tounge.gif

Saw some of the England rugby team at a Pop Idol gig a couple of years ago. At the same gig was Steve Redgrave too.

Dont ask why I was there though.....

Not really one for spotting celebs at gigs. The only one a vaguely remember is seeing some bloke from Hollyoaks run out of the VIP area at V last year. Oh and if Matts having Terry Alderton in Burger King then I'm having Wolf from Gladiators at Lakeside
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ June 19 2006,13:31)]Oh and if Matts having Terry Alderton in Burger King then I'm having Wolf from Gladiators at Lakeside
tounge.gif
And i'm having Paul from S Club Seven in Virgin/HMV in Oxford Street and Stephen Mulhearn on the Northern/Circle Line on the same day after the Barnet game couple seasons ago
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ June 19 2006,13:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ June 19 2006,13:31)]Oh and if Matts having Terry Alderton in Burger King then I'm having Wolf from Gladiators at Lakeside
tounge.gif
And i'm having Paul from S Club Seven in Virgin/HMV in Oxford Street and Stephen Mulhearn on the Northern/Circle Line on the same day after the Barnet game couple seasons ago
tounge.gif
well if thats the guess then I am having Martin Kemp in Harrods and Peter Andre at the Savoy

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ June 19 2006,13:35)]Stephen Mulhearn on the Northern/Circle Line
Errr... who?

suspect.gif

(Sorry, I mean that quite genuinely, I have no idea who you're talking about)

oops.gif

Besides, no one can trump my celeb-spotting on the Tube... I give you:

_1991630_windsor_150.jpg

...Windsor Davies!

biggrin.gif

Back