• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Celeb spotting at gigs

Jonathan Ross at Tenacious D
Phil Jupitus at V99
Noel Gallagher at Beta Band

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ June 19 2006,12:57)]Jamie Theakston, Lauren Laverne and Huey Fun Lovin Criminal at Blur, Brixton Academy '97.
I was there - with you if I remember correctly
tounge.gif

I know i've said it before, but

large_3_1_1115731930.jpg

Lauren Laverne mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
love.gif

The Javea posse offer: Sam Allardyce (many times - ask Harris), Mark Lawrenson, Dave Bassett, Norman Wisdom (genius), Terry Venables, Judge Jules, Carl Fogarty, Paul Power, Glenn Hoddle, Kenny Brown, Simon Tracey, Julian Dicks, Mike Walsh, Edmundo Ross, Nigella Lawson, Ross Jenkins, Brandon Block and Andy Nelson. Michael Douglas has a house here in Javea as well but I've yet to see him. Similarly Tom Cruise apparently loves to visit nearby Moraira quite regularly but I've not seen him.

Saw Jimmy White and Bob Geldof at a Stones concert at Wembley , and on the subject of Julian Dicks , I slept very close to his wife one night in San Jose a few years ago. She even had the cheek to accuse me of nicking her mate's thong in the night.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ June 24 2006,11:11)]nice one Andy, re Jon Bum Bogey
Notice the way she is just totally un-impressed by the whole thing?

That's my girl, she may have only been about 4 months old at the time but already she's got good musical taste!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ June 24 2006,13:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ June 24 2006,11:11)]nice one Andy, re Jon Bum Bogey
Notice the way she is just totally un-impressed by the whole thing?

That's my girl, she may have only been about 4 months old at the time but already she's got good musical taste!
Bloody hell, Jon Bon Jovi is even shorter than I thought he was...

laugh.gif

Ah, and we just knew that Ron Manager's favourite Kenickie member would get a mention...

tounge.gif

09_main.jpg

I served Chas and Dave (no Mick the drummer though) when I worked behind the Bar at the Crooked Billet in Leigh.

I served many minor celebrities and football players (inluding Lee Sharpe and Eric Cantona) when I worked behind the bar at the Brickhouse in Manchester.

I stood next to, unknowingly, and had long chats with... I kid you not ...Bono. I'm not a U2 fan by the way, we were watching a Ministry gig. I didn't even know it was him until he took his sunglasses off and pulled down his hooded top. He was then besieged by sychophants.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ July 02 2006,08:02)]He was then besieged by sychophants.
The mad, dangerous variety of sycophant I take it... Or possibly obsequious Elephants?

tounge.gif

Not the best line up but not bad for a non-stalker !!

Frank Bruno - Opening an obscure Chinese restaurant in Hamlet Crt Rd
George Best - Playing mini golf southend seafront with his wife at the time ( cant remember which one!!)
Princess Di - At heathrow where i worked at the time
Che Wilson - Staying at my mums hotel in Westcliff and attending my birthday bash while he was on trial @ THE BLUES !! ( Top bloke shame about the crap BMW and sandals?jeans combo !!)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (beemamad @ July 02 2006,20:34)]Not the best line up but not bad for a non-stalker !!

Frank Bruno   -  Opening an obscure Chinese restaurant in Hamlet Crt Rd
George Best   -  Playing mini golf southend seafront with his wife at the time ( cant remember which one!!)
Princess Di     -  At heathrow where i worked at the time
Che Wilson     - Staying at my mums hotel in Westcliff and attending my birthday bash while he was on trial @ THE BLUES  !! ( Top bloke shame about the crap BMW and sandals?jeans combo !!)
Not seen Che mentioned in the same post as Princess Di before.

i saw ian pearce at faro airport this year,

last year it was gareth southgate and family at a waterpark, ray parlour and bird at another water park and ronan keeting at airport.

frank bruno at the shell garage at bournes green in southchurch
phil jupitus and lee evans countless times in southend high street
lee hurst on theplatform at liverpool street underground
harry redknapp at fratton park
the guys from blur in the world's end in camden
tony robinson in winchester high street
the guys from time team at a tony robinson gig

and

robert plant at the rammstein gig

Back