• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Season snake. Shows our current league performance against last season. Also a couple of simple projections given our season form and our form in the last 6 games.

SEE LATER POST

Last edited:
Phil Brown says "They're a good bunch of young players who are playing well and that's important, but we've got to carry it onto York on Saturday."

Are they young? It hadn't particularly occurred to me that they were but I suppose without Barnard and Corr on the pitch, this might well be the case.

First things first, three points and a clean sheet away to Cheltenham is a great return - job done.

On the negative side, despite our exciting movement and us creating numerous chances we could have killed the game off around the hour mark and saved me and the other travelling fans some nerves for once. Weston, Coulthirst, Payne were all guilty of missing some guilt edged chances and others failed to make the most of being in some great positions too. We really need some usesless toerag who does nothing but score goals. I am just hoping that we have a couple of games where we play but but nick a result by scoring one or two or our minimum chances - I'll leave to to the footballing gods.

Back to the positives, Thompson and Clifford are both playing well, it goes to shows what a bit of responsibility and confidence does - I am not a big fan of either but to be fair they are both playing well this season. Prosser is not the most technically gifted payer - we all know that but his heart, desire and commitment is unrivalled - he really is becoming a bit of a cult hero for me. Weston and Payne are an exciting threat going forward (if only they could finish better) and this new left back is a class above going both ways. Bentley is just there, that's how good he has become - we don't even rave about him any more. Finally and the biggest plus point for me is Deegan, what a find he is turning out to be, hopefully he will only get better as his match fitness improves too, he is exactly the player we have craved for a good 4/5 seasons...a nasty player, braking up the game but also ticking over the game in the middle, he is always available as an option for his team mates.

We are in and around the play off positions despite not scoring goals and suffering a mini blip. At the start of the season aside from Bentley I would have argued that our most important four players were Coker, Leonard, Hurst and Corr all who have been way under par. So with that in mind I can only see us improving with Timlin coming back and our BIG players finding some form.

UTB

This is what Brown alluded to a couple of weeks back when he said the emphasis was on defence. He was crucified by some for that who seem to believe we should be going out thrashing sides 5-0 every week. Well, once you stop the goals, then you won't lose; get a couple of gritty wins, the points go on the board, winning becomes a habit, all of a sudden these chances will get converted and 3-0 will become the norm.

Keep the faith people.

100% agree.

We are in and around the play off positions despite not scoring goals and suffering a mini blip. At the start of the season aside from Bentley I would have argued that our most important four players were Coker, Leonard, Hurst and Corr all who have been way under par. So with that in mind I can only see us improving with Timlin coming back and our BIG players finding some form.

UTB

My thoughts exactly, from what I have seen we have been average, and to be sitting in the playoff spots playing like that god only knows what we can do if we play better and more consistently!

It also shows what a shower of s@@t this league is............

Any news on the Leonard injury? I know he's not been great this season but he's still one of our most important players and one who can turn a game on it's head with a goal from nothing.

Old Rick Parsnip won't be able to sleep till he knows the extent of the Leonard injury probably think we are going down if he is out for a lengthy spell

I'm sorry if Lenny is injured, but he and Atkinson have not been at the races in recent times.
Clifford can only get better, but Shaq is no Britt or Tomlin, and I seriously want to know what PB saw in re-signing Barney? If it was for a totem legend to come on for five minutes and throw himself around, he might has well have done a pay-as-you-play deal with Freddy.

I'm sorry if Lenny is injured, but he and Atkinson have not been at the races in recent times.
Clifford can only get better, but Shaq is no Britt or Tomlin, and I seriously want to know what PB saw in re-signing Barney? If it was for a totem legend to come on for five minutes and throw himself around, he might has well have done a pay-as-you-play deal with Freddy.

Barnard was provided with a contract as part of his loan agreement - pretty sure he won't be here next season.

I don't think PB had any choice with the Barney signing - I think it followed the same lines as Freddy coming back and was driven by Ron!!

Season snake. Shows our current league performance against last season. Also a couple of simple projections given our season form and our form in the last 6 games.

1zc2vti.png

Two observations.

1. It's probably too early in the season for something like that to be meaningful.
2. You must be really bored!

In fact, we got 4 more points then this stage, of last year.

Yep, still on course for promotion, using my 7 points from every four games formula. That's now 14 points accrued from 8 games played, talk again in a month.....

Two observations.

1. It's probably too early in the season for something like that to be meaningful.
2. You must be really bored!

1. We're 8 games in, so while I agree that the forecasts aren't particularly informative I think it's valid and useful to see that we're already above last season's (very good) snake. The forecasts obviously become more interesting as we go through runs of form and the season progresses.

2 - Not really, I've run it in previous seasons so it takes literally seconds to update the table and screen-grab and upload it. I like it because there's not something similar available on the web. I've been thinking about turning it into a online website where you can load different seasons to compare and apply different forecasts, it can be done but I've not got enough time at the mo!

Pubey said:

1zc2vti.png
Not sure your projections are correct. 14 points from 8 games equates to 80.5 points over the season. Last 6 form is 8 points (1.33 per game), so projected total if we carry on that form for the rest of the season 64.6 points (1.33 x 38 + 14).

Sorry to be picky, I love this sort of stuff, so keep it up every 4 games or so.

1. We're 8 games in, so while I agree that the forecasts aren't particularly informative I think it's valid and useful to see that we're already above last season's (very good) snake. The forecasts obviously become more interesting as we go through runs of form and the season progresses.

2 - Not really, I've run it in previous seasons so it takes literally seconds to update the table and screen-grab and upload it. I like it because there's not something similar available on the web. I've been thinking about turning it into a online website where you can load different seasons to compare and apply different forecasts, it can be done but I've not got enough time at the mo!

Well I found it pretty interesting. :thumbsup:

Not sure your projections are correct. 14 points from 8 games equates to 80.5 points over the season. Last 6 form is 8 points (1.33 per game), so projected total if we carry on that form for the rest of the season 64.6 points (1.33 x 38 + 14).

Sorry to be picky, I love this sort of stuff, so keep it up every 4 games or so.
Well spotted you're right - schoolboy error.

Updated (I'll delete the old one so it's not too confusing!)

24kxwn7.png

Pubey said:
Well spotted you're right - schoolboy error.
To be fair, it's was Jaffa's post that made me realise something wasn't quite right :winking:

Good and interesting stuff though, keep it going throughout the season.

Back