• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Christmas "Live Chat Thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started new job in Aug, only work 3 days per week. Finished yesterday, off till next Thurs, one day in then off till following Weds. Run business for Boss, when he's off & had a fantastic 'Christmas bonus' for 1st time in my life.
Got £250, bottle of vintage Port, bottle of Hardy's Chardonnay, large tin of Waitrose shortbreads & big box of Chocolates.
Nice to know i'm appreciated, and no, there aren't any vacancies!.
Partner retired today after 24 years service with her company, and got a £200 Debenhams voucher!.

I shall be starting my new job after Xmas. Will be a change for me after working for almost 38 years for the same organisation.
I have been off for the past couple,of weeks and have never been off prior to Xmas and cannot believe I am now all done. Unheard of for me besides I could actually get used to this retirement malarkey

Just got my car insurance renewal and the premium had increased by £105 even with no claims bonus. Rang Insurance Co, no haggling allowed. Offered to throw in my building and contents insurance as well and miraculously my car premium went down £100 from last year and the quote for the Home insurance was £130 lower than the insurers we're currently with. I went from being brassed off to very happy.

Shops haven't been too bad today, nor the local roads - yesterday was carnage though so don't know if everyone did all their shopping yesterday. Nice to have it all done now though.

Shops haven't been too bad today, nor the local roads - yesterday was carnage though so don't know if everyone did all their shopping yesterday. Nice to have it all done now though.

Yesterday at Morrisons, the car park was murder to get out of, today so much easier. Yet today was more chaotic in store than yesterday!.
Customer service girl told me that rude shoppers had some of the workers in tears earlier this morning, no need for that at all.

Yesterday at Morrisons, the car park was murder to get out of, today so much easier. Yet today was more chaotic in store than yesterday!.
Customer service girl told me that rude shoppers had some of the workers in tears earlier this morning, no need for that at all.
No, they're just doing their job after all - dick heads in the car park though, that's another matter entirely!

Stuck in the Falklands over Christmas, first away from the family. Been here 4 months now and not back until the 19th of Jan for 2 weeks R&R. :sad:

Mate, nice to see you - forgot to tag you in the status I did on FB the other day which, I guess, prompted Cricko to open this! Must be tough for you - will you be able to at least speak with, or better, face time family on Christmas Day?

Been to Tesco this morning and so glad I decided to walk. People arguing over car parking spaces. Really!

And a timely reminder from one of our former skippers to check your "baubles"!

if that involves a ring sting curry celebration then count me out. still cant stand that slop!

42k post OBL, jeez. how many "live chat" threads have i missed? :o

Mate, nice to see you - forgot to tag you in the status I did on FB the other day which, I guess, prompted Cricko to open this! Must be tough for you - will you be able to at least speak with, or better, face time family on Christmas Day?

Yeah, I will be able to facetime the family that's if the wifi holds out. It's terrible out here it can be worse than dial up at times. Not long left now the main slog is done and just can't wait to get back and start the next part of my career!

Merry Christmas to everyone on the Zone from this ****** little island near the Antarctic.

First balls up of the day. DS3 game for the boy is a dud. Thank you Amazon. However, daughter made up with her bits so not all bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back