• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Phoned for my 3 seats , took about 20 mins to get through then spent 5 minutes giving addess post code etc , then was told i could come and collect them !! what was the point of phoning i ask ? only to be told , we can send them by post but it will cost you another fiver , why is that i ask ? because they are special tickets i'm told , whats so special about them then , are they on slate or something ? no, they are play off tickets , comes the reply . After all the special offers throughout the season wouldn't have hurt the club to post the tickets for the cost of the stamp instead of screwing more money out of the season ticket holders

Someone's got their wires crossed. They are sending them special delivery because the tickets can't be re-printed.

Either way, I think £5 is steep for special delivery...

Someone's got their wires crossed. They are sending them special delivery because the tickets can't be re-printed.

Take that up with the Post Office then !

However, most clubs that send out tickets are able to reprint ones that get lost in the post. The fact it's a play-off game is not relevant.

I suspect our system might not be too hot at cancelling the originals and the club are worried about people trying to scam extra tickets, especially when there is a lot of seat movement round to the North.

just got my tickets - no queue with 4 staff serving (although a couple were on phone). Easy. although I now have to go down tomo and pick up other halfs non seaso-ticket tickets

just got my tickets - no queue with 4 staff serving (although a couple were on phone). Easy. although I now have to go down tomo and pick up other halfs non seaso-ticket tickets
the queues will be back tomorow and i think it will sell out by friday no probs.

Some confusion on this one, just got off the phone from the ticket office, they said all tickets were collection only.

This ticket office at Roots Hall is a digrace. I don't know who is to blame but the system they use is hopeless.
It happens every time we have a big game. The Chelsea game was very bad and phone calls cost a fortune. This should have been sorted a long time ago and it really annoys me.
A system needs to be put in place that can cope.
These numbers are small compared with other clubs.

This is a bit of a shambles really. Anyone know if I'll be able to phone up on Wednesday and buy a ticket (for Saturday's match) that I can collect before the game at Crewe?

This ticket office at Roots Hall is a digrace. I don't know who is to blame but the system they use is hopeless.
It happens every time we have a big game. The Chelsea game was very bad and phone calls cost a fortune. This should have been sorted a long time ago and it really annoys me.
A system needs to be put in place that can cope.
These numbers are small compared with other clubs.

While I agree that the ticket office is often a shambles, how could the play off tickets have been sorted sooner? After all you have been assuring us we wouldn't need the play offs as we would go up by right. Perhaps the club believed you.

We didn't know for sure until 1655hrs on Saturday that
a) We would be in the play offs &
b) Who we would be playing.

I'd say that over a Bank Holiday weekend the club haven't done a bad job in putting a plan in place.

Yeah took me an hour, more confusion in the ticket office. I'm not being rude but some of the girls in there are quite dim.
'Quite' dim? Is that like slightly pregnant?
Promised I would never queue again after the debacle that was the beginning of last season and the subsequent resignation of the ticket office manager.
Someone called me last week, sounding like she was on a day off from the nursery asking whether I wanted to 'buy tickets, yeah?' for the Macclesfield game.
Nothing like saving a bob or two on the hired help, Blues - but at least give them a script.

While I agree that the ticket office is often a shambles, how could the play off tickets have been sorted sooner? After all you have been assuring us we wouldn't need the play offs as we would go up by right. Perhaps the club believed you.

I'd say that over a Bank Holiday weekend the club haven't done a bad job in putting a plan in place.

OK. You got your dig in. I did think we would do it.

But this has got nothing to do with the play offs. This is more to do with the ticket office not being able to deal with high demand. The computer system, the phone system and the office are all inadequate. As I said before , this all happened for the Chelsea game and there was a lot of complaints then. That's when it should have been sorted out. It is no good waiting for a big game and then wondering how to deal with it. Big games are always going to come round and so some one needs to get a grip on it. I think fans get treated in a very shoddy way on these occasions and I don't think people moan enough about it. If it was not your football club that you give all your support to. You just would not put up with such service.

Just phoned up, No 1 in the queue, all sorted within 5 minutes. Not quite sure how they can improve on that.

Crewe ticket office was open Sunday morning!

Am sure all clubs had already spoken to each other with regards to ticket arrangements as there no way any club could of starting selling as early as Sunday with out some kind of idea.

Torquay didnt start selling tickets until today and only open until 4pm so in that sense we should be gratful the staff gave up there bank holiday for us

OK. You got your dig in. I did think we would do it.

But this has got nothing to do with the play offs. This is more to do with the ticket office not being able to deal with high demand. The computer system, the phone system and the office are all inadequate. As I said before , this all happened for the Chelsea game and there was a lot of complaints then. That's when it should have been sorted out. It is no good waiting for a big game and then wondering how to deal with it. Big games are always going to come round and so some one needs to get a grip on it. I think fans get treated in a very shoddy way on these occasions and I don't think people moan enough about it. If it was not your football club that you give all your support to. You just would not put up with such service.

I fully agree with you about the efficiency or otherwise of the ticket office, I have more than my fair share of problems with them over the years. Notably at first refusing to replace lost tickets, that was until I got Ron Martin involved, and most recently allocating my regular seat to another supporter despite my application for my season card being handed in before the deadline.

To be honest I haven't had a problem with big games such as Man Ure or Chelsea (home or away) and as I'm not going to Crewe I won't have a problem with that. I see that season card holder have until Friday to book their regular seat so I can hold on for a few days and let the excitement die down.

The ticket office is a vast improvement on years gone by when we had to make do with having to stand outside and shout through a window. They have laid on extra staff and are trying to do the best they can. I have no suggestions for how to improve it other than opening earlier to give those who work a better chance.

Just been in - there's no queue at all - I guess there may be a rush later as people finish work for the day.

The problems don't seem to be stemming from the poor *******s who work in the ticket office and have to deal with the increased interest, but from a lack of clear info from the club. The press release for the ticket info was ****-poor, and basically said 'yeah you can buy tickets tomorrow, innit'. It shouldn't be too difficult to write down clearly:

a) can we buy tickets and collect at Crewe?
b) can tickets be sent out, and if so at what price?
c) can tickets be bought for the north bank for the home game?

These aren't difficult questions, and that everybody seems to be getting different answers to them suggests to me that the workers in the ticket office are just trying to blag it because they, like us, haven't really been told what the **** is going on.

Is it still tomorrow that the general public can get tickets for Crewe at home?

Back