• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

D-day - HMRC

IIRC Roots Hall cannot be built on unless SUFC have an alternative place to play. Although if the club is to go out of business I’m not sure this would still apply.

Sports England have to be consulted when planning involves moving or even deducting sporting facilities. It almost certainly would be a requirement to build a replacement facility but which team played at that is another matter.

Southend Utd is saddled with debt and yes a major chunk is to the parent company but you have to question at what point the economic argument is tipped.

Questions such as will the parent company recover the sums they are owed from development or does Southend Utd have to exist in its current state to enable development.

If we get wound up.

Can Ron still build what he wants are is the football club part of those plans.

Does Sufc need to survive in order for roots hall and fossetts to be built.

As far as I know, If we go to the wall, Ron can still build, although plans would obviously have to be changed.

With the Council being desperate for more housing, they may even see it as a bonus if we go bust.

For what it's worth I think Ron will repay part of the debt today and get another stay of execution. I think he took over the club seeing an opportunity to make a lot of money easily by selling Roots Hall and building a new stadium then departing laughing all the way to the bank. Then something strange and unexpected happened - Ron became a football fan. That was the moment it all started to go wrong because, like so many other chairmen at other clubs before him, it clouded his judgement. He became interested in Southend United's success and now saw himself as the man to bring Championship, even Premiership, football to his town. He then had bad luck when the global financial crisis screwed everything. Sainsbury's then proved a treacherous bedfellow and he saw that he was throwing good money after bad. Now he is a desperate man, unable to walk away because his fortunes are inextricably tied to the club until Fossetts Farm is built - there is a pot of gold for Ron at the end of this rainbow but the banks, the council and Covid-19 are creating hurdles whilst the team have entered irreversible decline. He can see the rainbow's end getting closer but he has to find just enough money to keep the wolves from the door. No novelist would create such a complex and dispiriting plot, the bonfire of his vanities may be lit today....

If we get wound up.

Can Ron still build what he wants are is the football club part of those plans.

Does Sufc need to survive in order for roots hall and fossetts to be built.

What do you mean if? I've been wound up for ages now.

As someone who doesn't quite understand how these sort of hearings work, can someone explain in simple terms what the best and worst outcomes today could be please.

I reckon he’ll pay a chunk too. The fact he said in his last statement that we’ll strengthen the squad in January makes me think he’s not expecting the debt to be repaid and the embargo lifted until then.

Reactions: GBJ
As someone who doesn't quite understand how these sort of hearings work, can someone explain in simple terms what the best and worst outcomes today could be please.

Best - we pay in full Embargo ****s off.

Worst - Judge gets fed up of our ability to pay off this debt from however long ago, winds us up Southend United cease to exist.

I reckon he’ll pay a chunk too. The fact he said in his last statement that we’ll strengthen the squad in January makes me think he’s not expecting the debt to be repaid and the embargo lifted until then.

This,of course, is a dangerous game to play.It didn't work so well last season or previously.

From what I've read.

A Points deduction could be inbound.

At the very least.

What time do you reckon we will know a result ?

This has been going on for so long I can’t even remember when the original date for this money owed was. How long have we been under an embargo now? Got to be close if not a full calendar year.

Best - we pay in full Embargo ****s off.

Worst - Judge gets fed up of our ability to pay off this debt from however long ago, winds us up Southend United cease to exist.

And if we pay off a bit then chances are we get another extension and the embargo remains.. should the judge be in a good mood?

Another link sent by the helpful Mr Steven Gibbons ready for the event kick off is at 10.30pm on Skype. I will be listening in , I dont know if you can watch, maybe you can if you switch on Video, but t5his didnt happen last time and I would prefer to remain incognito, mainly because I had to drink a lot of special medicine last night to cope with the game and am still in the jim jams but 4th cup of coffee helping recovery but not bladder

Ron is not listed in the current 30 participants, including me who are listed to join on Skype, so obviously he is not to bothered to appear in person, must be confident of our superb ?barrister and I think she is listed, , 15 mins to go, fingers and toes crossed

Back