• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:tease:

Could well prove a very bad move for Bentley-it depends on their present no.1 Button who is at present a much better keeper

Lets be honest- if he went to Brentford and spent the season on the bench rather than play another full season in L1 then the move would have been little about his development and largely about the money. He must surely believe that he will oust Button else he wouldn't go. If there is no Championship club willing to make him their number 1 then he should have stayed.

So I absolutely think he must believe he will get a meaningful number of games in the Championship next year. For his sake I hope that happens. In the end we are not party to the discussions and assurances he is getting. Problem is you can only play one goalkeeper.

:tease:

Could well prove a very bad move for Bentley-it depends on their present no.1 Button who is at present a much better keeper

Button is a very good keeper as you say. However he has one year left on his contract hasn't signed another and is rumoured to be off, which will mean we will get a fee rather than nowt in 1 years time. He could well go to one of the bigger Chamionship teams and double his money. No one can blame him for that.

Button is a very good keeper as you say. However he has one year left on his contract hasn't signed another and is rumoured to be off, which will mean we will get a fee rather than nowt in 1 years time. He could well go to one of the bigger Chamionship teams and double his money. No one can blame him for that.

Sorry, but I thought the whole point of Dan Bentley going was to play in a higher Division, and on a lot more money. Sounds like Brentford don't pay enough.

Sorry, but I thought the whole point of Dan Bentley going was to play in a higher Division, and on a lot more money. Sounds like Brentford don't pay enough.

The poorest club in the championship, Rotherham (allegedly), turned over £10million last year. More than 3 times SUFC.

In this division you are competing with teams down from the Premier. So no, of course we can't compete with those clubs. Our top earners are on between 5-7 K per week, plus bonus payments for the league position. There's no way we can pay the 15-30K payed to some players in this league. I'm sure he'll be on far more than he gets at yours, probably the 5-7 K per week range. That's not too bad is it.:thumbsup:

In this division you are competing with teams down from the Premier. So no, of course we can't compete with those clubs. Our top earners are on between 5-7 K per week, plus bonus payments for the league position. There's no way we can pay the 15-30K payed to some players in this league. I'm sure he'll be on far more than he gets at yours, probably the 5-7 K per week range. That's not too bad is it.:thumbsup:

That's not bad at all, but the sounds coming out from his camp is that he's looking for higher than that.

Brentford? If Dan settles for Griffin Park it shows you that the big clubs are just not interested in young, English talent. Brentford? Seriously?

Why would a big club want him? You don't get to just walk into a big club off the back of a couple of good lower league seasons unless you are truly exceptional (and even then it can all go wrong, just look at Nick Powell). Bentley is just potential at the moment to most clubs, and there are plenty of other goalkeepers out there with similar potential, clubs can't sign them all up. Brentford is a good move for him, if he does well bigger clubs will take notice, if he doesn't at least he's got his foot in the door and he can probably convince another championship club to give him a shot.

The poorest club in the championship, Rotherham (allegedly), turned over £10million last year. More than 3 times SUFC.

What is your role within the club with knowledge like that well before the accounts are published ?

That's not bad at all, but the sounds coming out from his camp is that he's looking for higher than that.

Really? I've not heard anything like that coming from his "camp".

DB has been away on holiday, and I think he is probably taking his time to make sure the next move is the right one.

I've not heard any indication that he is after mega money whatsoever. I'm fairly certain, even had we been able to muster up £5/6k a week, he still wouldn't have signed for us.

I think we are past the point of mass hype for Bentley. He is a good goal keeper who will get better still playing at the right level and with the right encouragement and coaching. He needs to move on from Southend and we need a decent fee from his move. If he goes to Brentford that is a step up for him and Brentford are a well run club who have done well in the Championship. He did not set the world alight last season but that is hardly surprising as we had stepped up a division. Nevertheless, he once again saved us some points with some of his performances but too much noise has gone on for him to stay. Get to Brentford Daniel, and show us what we think you can become.

What is your role within the club with knowledge like that well before the accounts are published ?

The Burton chairman said last week they expect a turnover of at least 9 million next season due to the increase TV Money the championship get.

Hardly a shock, but Brentford have tabled a formal offer for Bentley (today's Echo). It is believed to be below our asking price of last year. Again, hardly a shock. Could be another Tribunal job.

Hardly a shock, but Brentford have tabled a formal offer for Bentley (today's Echo). It is believed to be below our asking price of last year. Again, hardly a shock. Could be another Tribunal job.

Was always going to be the case for Dan.

Game of Poker then , low opening offer to start .... Especially as he wasn't at his finest at the end of the season .....( queue the abuse!!)

Brentford bid for Blues keeper Bentley

BRENTFORD have tabled an offer for Southend United goalkeeper Daniel Bentley, Echosport understands.

More...

I would imagine it will be an offer of between 3-500k with them looking to pay 600 max.

Given we were offered 1.2 million its poor.

That said if we take 500k with a 15-20% sell on then I will be happy, as I think that's how we will make money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back