• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The same was the case with Barney first time round. I know he was sold as we needed the money, but had he stayed, I believe he would have kept us in L1 that season and things could have been very different for us.

Absolutely - we'd have made almost as much as we made from selling him, by keeping him and retaining L1 status for the following season! The relegation effectively cancelled out the money we received for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Bentley will go soon. If so I hope Brown buys two very good forwards who know how to score goals. This has been our problem in Division 2 and is highlighted in the last 3 games. How many times do the oppostion score first, leaving us having just missed chance after chance. This cannot go on, Brown must act now.

We are always under pressure, when was the last time we gave a good thumping? I cannot remember, can you?

Tribunals are the worst case scenario. Even Chris Phillips stated. We would probably get around £350k from a tribunal (Nominal fee) Burnley are still unhappy with their tribunal of Danny Ings. There not worth it.

Ron will sell. He was very bitter about the Gower situation a few years ago.

I've thought consolidation this season must be our priority, can't afford to go back down again, especially for 5 seasons again. Is Dan a key this year to accomplish that ? I would think so. How much potential revenue is generated by staying in L1 as opposed to L2 ? I'm not sure. Get Dan to sign an extended contract should be the priority now. Dan the best goalkeeper ever at the "Hall" certainly one of the best and could develop into the best if he stays for a little longer. However, I'd have to put Cawston,Royce & Flahavan up there as well.

All I will say is how impressed I am with the way Bentley is handling himself during all this speculation, no David De Gea like 'I'm not eager to play', he seems to be dealing with it all in a very mature and ĺevel headed manner that belies his relative youth.

Caught in two minds about if I'd be happy that qpr got smithies and lost interest in dan. On one hand we get to keep him and that serves our cause this season much more then it would without him. Then on the other hand it's unlikely dans going to sign a extension on his contract, and this late in the window it's unlikely anyone else will be coming in for him. So we risk loosing him on a Bosman come the end of the season. Thus receiving a massively deducted rate for him. Assuming it went to tribunal which it's pretty certain it would. Part of me thinks cashing in now would be in the clubs best interests.. As long as the figure was right.

Caught in two minds about if I'd be happy that qpr got smithies and lost interest in dan. On one hand we get to keep him and that serves our cause this season much more then it would without him. Then on the other hand it's unlikely dans going to sign a extension on his contract, and this late in the window it's unlikely anyone else will be coming in for him. So we risk loosing him on a Bosman come the end of the season. Thus receiving a massively deducted rate for him. Assuming it went to tribunal which it's pretty certain it would. Part of me thinks cashing in now would be in the clubs best interests.. As long as the figure was right.

Of course, if he doesn't go by the end of this transfer window, he could still go in the January one.

Of course, if he doesn't go by the end of this transfer window, he could still go in the January one.

Possibly, I just can't see why a club would make a actual bid for a player 6 months before their contract is up. When their allowed to actually talk to players within 6 months of it expiring. Surely you would just cut the club out, negotiate with the player and snap him up for a quarter of the price once it goes to tribunal. Unless a clubs desperate then I can't see it happening.

Possibly, I just can't see why a club would make a actual bid for a player 6 months before their contract is up. When their allowed to actually talk to players within 6 months of it expiring. Surely you would just cut the club out, negotiate with the player and snap him up for a quarter of the price once it goes to tribunal. Unless a clubs desperate then I can't see it happening.

True, but the thing about the January window is that there are a lot of clubs that are desperate. I am also clutching at straws to build an argument here but stranger things have happened.

It won't be long before some other club comes along for Bentley, even after Saturday's performance by Bentley he added a few more ££££s on to his name:thumbsup:

Agree that Dan has handled himself in exemplary fashion. What does trouble me is whether Dan would be very disappointed if he does not get the move to QPR. Will his mind be on what might have been?

Back