• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yesterday i was working 95 minutes away from home and there are two ways i can get there,main road through East London or Train, walk & tube through East London. ,i choose the train/tube/walk back road due to having a morbid love of dissapointment and frustration and reading the metro whilst driving is a bit of a struggle.
I left at 6.05 which of course is hour one of the 4 consecutive rush hours and walked to the station getting there at 7.05 for the 7.09,i saw hundreds of equally depressed and defeated commuters on the trip, and eventually board the 7.09 at 7.22. we passed through ilford, where we stopped for ten minutes to admire the garbage strewn gardens, 3 beautiful delays later, totalling 35 minutes and two old boilers talking about how their fella has been texting his ex, I nearly killed myself, and would of succeeded if I hadn't been distracted by a woman screaming at a ticket inspector through a stream of spit and saw 1 mouse who I named Jeff at Angel Station and more pigeons than you could shake a stick at. I named all the pigeons Jeff too.
In all a nice journey with views of London, Romford and lots of cows one of whom decided her elbow would wedge nicely into my ribs and trees and stuff,so whats your journey to work like?

I've amended your journey to mine.

Mind numbing boredom on the Number 1 bus from Westcliff to the Rayleigh Weir, service hasn't actually been too bad recently but it can't be proper ***** sometimes usually when the 6 month rotation of roadworks comes around!

Off with a migraine today so missed out on being stuck going up progress rd at 8am and the slow drag to Basildon on the A127, usually getting there about 8.30.

Missed out on the awful drive home on the A127, whether I leave at 5 or pm, its a good 50 mins back to Eastwood.

Can't wait for the A13 to be sorted and the summer holidays, that always alleviated the traffic for 6 weeks

Mind numbing boredom on the Number 1 bus from Westcliff to the Rayleigh Weir, service hasn't actually been too bad recently but it can't be proper ***** sometimes usually when the 6 month rotation of roadworks comes around!

I feel your pain fellow rockhead .. i used to do the same when i worked at Falmer Jeans whilst living in Cotswold Road .. average journey time felt like about 4 hours :zzzzz:

Leave home at 8, journey anything from 5 to 15 minutes by car or about half an hour walk (well, it should be....takes a little longer at the moment as seriously out of practise). Usually in by 8.15 (leave earlier if walking). Leave any time between 3.10 (my official finish) and 4, and usually back home in 5 minutes - much quicker coming home as not got to contend with people trying to join the traffic at Tarpots and blocking up all the side roads turning right from the Manor estates meaning those of us turning left towards Bread and Cheese get held up!

When i lived in Coogee, a small suburb of Sydney, i would leave my house in the morning, take a short stroll along the beech and have a quick dip while dodging the sharks. Finish work, another quick dip and by now there would be loads of beautiful ladies laying on the beech, looking very tanned. Had to do this for 6 months, not bad walk to work :smile:

When i lived in Coogee, a small suburb of Sydney, i would leave my house in the morning, take a short stroll along the beech and have a quick dip while dodging the sharks. Finish work, another quick dip and by now there would be loads of beautiful ladies laying on the beech, looking very tanned. Had to do this for 6 months, not bad walk to work :smile:

And now you live in a grotty Manc suberb

You, Mr Price, are a loony :raspberry:

6am Kids up
7.30am Leave houe
7.41am Haywards Heath to London Bridge
8.40ish London Bridge to Cannon St (Lazy I know)
8.50 walk to office on Cheapside

Pretty decent day all in all.

7am alarm.
Train around 8am.
Canary Wharf 8.45am.
Desk 8.50am
Coffee 8.55am
Work 9am.

Not too shabby really. Used to work in the city and walk 20 minutes from Fen St to St Pauls. I liked it there.

6.30 am Alarm
Feed cats (most important)
Have breakfast
Feed fish in pond
7.45 am See Mrs C to her car
8.00 am walk upstairs to my office to check where I have to be for the day - either working in the office or visiting clients within a 30 mile radius - all apointments after the school run has finished (not my school run of course) :winking:

5. 50 am alarm
,6.38 hochley train to stratford on the greater anglians oldest train,no bogs.
7.25 jubilee line on the foreigners express,bloke today didnt need a phonei'm sure his girlfriend heard him from the train in wherever.
7.40 in office canary wharf

Back