• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If I’m correct we have conceded 18 league goals away from home in 6 matches now!

Please enlighten us to what managers there are waiting to come down here and also what players are inching to line up at Roots Hall?

We are Southend, we have an awful stadium and a high cost of living; it isn't as easy as you believe.

For someone who was around in the Newman, Little and Wignall years, this is heaven at the moment!!

I can go back to the bate era I've been supporting for 35 years now thanks. If the managers job at Southend became available tons of applicants would be knocking on the door as well as many managers we could poach. Never easy to manage us agreed...but there must be someone out there who could firstly prepare the squad during pre season adequately and not spunk our budget on old bangers ( to use a car term)
And have better man management skills than Mussolini.

If the managers job at Southend became available tons of applicants would be knocking on the door as well as many managers we could poach. Never easy to manage us agreed...but there must be someone out there who could firstly prepare the squad during pre season adequately and not spunk our budget on old bangers ( to use a car term)

Agree with this statement and i go even further back to Rowley.

Look at Kilmarnock -hardly world beaters and Steve Clarke has applied!

Our defensive issues have been well documented. Injury, which many blame on PB's transfer policy and preseason, has ravaged the back line. The bit I struggle with is our attack. Many managers would give up blow jobs to have Cox, Ranger, Fortune and Theo, and yet we struggle to get a goal out of them. We can blame the defence all we like but there are problems throughout the side.

Unlucky for you guys to catch Rovers on one of our better days, and you having a bad day at the office. Wishing you all the very best for the rest of the season, except when we meet at RH on March 10th, 2018.

I can go back to the bate era I've been supporting for 35 years now thanks. If the managers job at Southend became available tons of applicants would be knocking on the door as well as many managers we could poach. Never easy to manage us agreed...but there must be someone out there who could firstly prepare the squad during pre season adequately and not spunk our budget on old bangers ( to use a car term)

Yeah I'm sure there will be loads of quality managers knocking down our door for the managers job!!

Back