• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drop Gerrard

That seems a more than fair reflection on Mr Overated to me, rather than everyone getting on fatty Lampard's case how about dropping Gerrard and playing fatty alongside Barry instead!

This could start a fairly meaningless cycle of picking out the flaws in each player's game. One of the highlighted bits was actually very close to a very good through ball. The rest is the very same reason I think Lampard is underrated for England and a lot of this lies at the door of Football365.

Yeah because picking on one performance proves Gerrard is overrated.

That is how he plays every game for England.

I don't understand why I'm the only one who sees him give the ball away time after time. I know the likes of Hansen, Shearer and Lineker can't see any flaws in him because they play golf with him, but I can't understand why fans watching doesn't get fed up with him repeatedly squandering possession.

i rate gerrard very very highly. fare enough looking at those clips he did not have a good time. but how many times has he saved liverpool and also england in the past. for me he is a quality player and would prefer him to lampard any day.

i rate gerrard very very highly. fare enough looking at those clips he did not have a good time. but how many times has he saved liverpool and also england in the past. for me he is a quality player and would prefer him to lampard any day.

How many times has he saved England?

Against mighty Andorra, and he played well in the 5-1 in Munich.

Not a bad return for 60+ caps.

I couldn't give a monkeys for what he's done for Liverpool. He needs to produce when he is wearing the three lions.

How many times has he saved England?

Against mighty Andorra, and he played well in the 5-1 in Munich.

Not a bad return for 60+ caps.

I couldn't give a monkeys for what he's done for Liverpool. He needs to produce when he is wearing the three lions.

Indeed. Steven Gerrard is a fantastic footballer and he proves that time and time again for Liverpool. Unfortunately he rarely, if ever, proves it for England. I don't think he really cares enough about it, because it's certainly not a lack of ability.

I don't understand the stick that Lampard gets.

Last edited:
Indeed. Steven Gerrard is a fantastic football and he proves that time and time again for Liverpool. Unfortunately he rarely, if ever, proves it for England. I don't think he really cares enough about it, because it's certainly not a lack of ability.

I don't understand the stick that Lampard gets.

Lampard gets stick because he plays for Chelsea. Gerrard gets a free ride because he plays for Liverpool.

Lampard gets stick because he plays for Chelsea. Gerrard gets a free ride because he plays for Liverpool.

Couldn't agree more with that mate, dont get me wrong i dont particularly rate Lampard, but Gerrard is one of these players who as a home grown kid is adored by the scousers and English folk for what ammounts to alot of running about, and poor passing skills to boot.

Couldn't agree more with that mate, dont get me wrong i dont particularly rate Lampard, but Gerrard is one of these players who as a home grown kid is adored by the scousers and English folk for what ammounts to alot of running about, and poor passing skills to boot.

I've heard it all now!

The sooner the England squad isn't tainted with anybody with ex or current Spammer connections the better for everybody as far as I'm concerned! :p

Back