• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drop Gerrard

**bump**

Seven years on he's still ****ing up for England and getting away with it in the media.

**bump**

Seven years on he's still ****ing up for England and getting away with it in the media.

I like Gerrard but he's always been a poor choice for me, Lampard was always the far better central midfielder and I believe we should have gone with him rather than Gerrard as first choice for all these years.

I like Gerrard but he's always been a poor choice for me, Lampard was always the far better central midfielder and I believe we should have gone with him rather than Gerrard as first choice for all these years.

Rubbish. Gerrard contributes far more to the team than Lampard ever did. Lampard is a better goalscorer, that's it. They are equal on set pieces, but Gerrard is a leader, can pass the ball across any range, can score, can tackle, and can pick the team up off the floor when they seem out of it. he's an all round midfielder, whereas Lampard is one dimensional, he was very very good at wahat he did, but once he lost the ability to time his runs into the box, he struggled to break into the team. Gerrard due to being an all round midfielder was able to re-invent himself.

Last night Gerrard made two mistakes, although with the second one you could argue that you'd expect one of your two centre backs to be able to pick up the long ball. He cost us the game absolutely, but to base that one game at the end of his career as proof that Lampard is a better player is poor in my opinion. Also, Gerrard has been the stand out midfielder in the Premiership this season. It's a wonderful thing to have the hindsight to not pick the best centre midfielder in the Prem, in case they have a howler in one of the group games? Sure, we need to look to replace him as he is at the end of his career, and his legs will be starting to go, but honestly, who would you have in centre midfield instead of him right now? Jonjo Shelvey? Tom Huddlestone? Tom Cleverley No thanks. He's the best we have at the moment.

Rubbish. Gerrard contributes far more to the team than Lampard ever did. Lampard is a better goalscorer, that's it. They are equal on set pieces, but Gerrard is a leader, can pass the ball across any range, can score, can tackle, and can pick the team up off the floor when they seem out of it. he's an all round midfielder, whereas Lampard is one dimensional, he was very very good at wahat he did, but once he lost the ability to time his runs into the box, he struggled to break into the team. Gerrard due to being an all round midfielder was able to re-invent himself.

Last night Gerrard made two mistakes, although with the second one you could argue that you'd expect one of your two centre backs to be able to pick up the long ball. He cost us the game absolutely, but to base that one game at the end of his career as proof that Lampard is a better player is poor in my opinion. Also, Gerrard has been the stand out midfielder in the Premiership this season. It's a wonderful thing to have the hindsight to not pick the best centre midfielder in the Prem, in case they have a howler in one of the group games? Sure, we need to look to replace him as he is at the end of his career, and his legs will be starting to go, but honestly, who would you have in centre midfield instead of him right now? Jonjo Shelvey? Tom Huddlestone? Tom Cleverley No thanks. He's the best we have at the moment.

Haha you are insane!

I stated on here ages ago Gerrard should be dropped and guess what he was our worst player by miles,His 2 errors last night cost both goals he offered nothing.Huddlestone if playing for one of the big clubs would have been selected and IMO would have pulled the strings in midfield.

Disagree, Gerrard has been better for England than Lampard has.

Nah. Lampard was England's Player of the Year twice back in the day. Gerrard never looked like he gave a **** before he got the captain's armband and went close to a decade between truly great performances for his country.

In his defence for this tournament the formation didn't do him any favours. He needed another set of legs alongside him.

We should drop him for the next match. The preparation for the Euros starts now. Also give Luke Shaw a run out for at least some of the match.

If we based our opinions of players on their last game, Zidane wouldn't fare particularly well!

Back