• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I can't see what the club can do,the way brown is talking is he is our player and that we are stuck with him injury or no injury. They won't bring another striker in.

That doesn't sound right to me. What happened last year when injuries forced O'Neil (?) and Bolger (?) out in the 1st game of their loan period?

Lee never even made it on to the pitch .......... doesn't the Sale of Goods Act say something about goods being of merchantable quality. Having a player that can't play is like buying a pen that doesn't write - I'd take it back!

That doesn't sound right to me. What happened last year when injuries forced O'Neil (?) and Bolger (?) out in the 1st game of their loan period?

Lee never even made it on to the pitch .......... doesn't the Sale of Goods Act say something about goods being of merchantable quality. Having a player that can't play is like buying a pen that doesn't write - I'd take it back!

Probably depends on if the pen was working when you bought it and then you went and broke it.....

Might get shot down for this, but really wouldn't mind seeing Loza back.

I know a striker , locally born , 6foot 3 , plays in div 1 , in last 3 seasons has scored 25 goals at a ratio of goal every 3 games. Is well respected throughout football as a hold up striker who brings others into play yet knows where the goal is... and is a brave as a lion hit man who would run through brick walls for his club.He is an honest pro who always gives 100% and is actually a blooming nice bloke with it.
........ oh and he is a Southend United supporter since he was a kid.

Any guesses ?

:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Matt Harrold

:duh::duh::duh::duh::duh:

( Cue the usual pathetic abuse from Gingist boo boys )

I know a striker , locally born , 6foot 3 , plays in div 1 , in last 3 seasons has scored 25 goals at a ratio of goal every 3 games. Is well respected throughout football as a hold up striker who brings others into play yet knows where the goal is... and is a brave as a lion hit man who would run through brick walls for his club.He is an honest pro who always gives 100% and is actually a blooming nice bloke with it.

Any guesses ?

Matt Harrold

Pains me to say it, but wouldn't say no at the moment!

At least we have Barry Corr, it's dead lucky that his injury and disciplinary record is fantastic and he'll be unlikely to... oh, hang on...

To be fair, Barry Corr has played 107 games since he made that goalscoring return a couple of years ago. There won't be many players in the Football League who have played that many games since then.

Pains me to say it, but wouldn't say no at the moment!

It pains me to say that you are possibly right ..... cripes, that says something to me quite profound!

Question for me is, do we need a tall, hold the ball up player or a more mobile, stocky striker?

Probably depends on if the pen was working when you bought it and then you went and broke it.....

Perhaps the pen was working when I bought it but after getting through a couple of sentences (perhaps even a paragraph) it spluttered and then stopped working ..................:unsure: :nope:

I think Lee Chapman is keen to show he still has it despite being 54 "..... Sitting on my arse trying not to laugh at Leslie's latest bottox job is becoming tiresome, I'd love to complete my cut short loan deal with Southend". We can contact Lee via his wife's Twitter account @lashx or ask the ex News of the World private investigator Glenn Mulcaire to ask to chat to Lee if he decides to listen in on the home phone conversations :winking:

Any guesses ?

Matt Harrold

Don't joke. I would love to see him back in a Southend Shirt. Maybe the Championship was a step too far for him, but that doesn't mean he isn't good at this level.

Not for me. 3 in 52 during his spell with us and not exactly a prolific record at all of his clubs. Probably seems like it because he always bangs them in against us.

careful what you wish for.

Back