• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England Youth Football

Bloody hell...missed it,i thought we were playing today(sunday).At least we won

Who was that black winger,ESB...bloody good...but sometimes took the ball too far .But good!!

Jadon Sancho. Not too dissimilar story from Raheem Sterling really. City poached him from Watford in his early teens and his development's been meteoric. Suspect he might get a few run outs for the seniors next season.

Cheers ESB, now come on England,if we play like against Italy,we should win,fingers crossed

England have won the World Cup!! :happy:

Now there's a phrase I didn't think I would ever write!!

Can we just move the U20's immediately into our senior line up please!! :smile:

Far more effort from players on both sides and much more competitive match than that rubbish served up yesterday by the so-called England first team and a poor Scots XI. Top penalty save late on by Woodman too!! Well deserved win.

As a side, I thought it was **** poor of the BBC to immediately cut the coverage at the final whistle to opt to show a bunch of people swimming in a river (aka the Leeds triathlon) instead of televising the award ceremony..luckily it was on Eurosport, so I got to watch it..... After all, it's not as if we win a world cup every day!

On a more positive note, I was pleased to see how efficient the new "Video Ref" system worked for Venezuela's penalty decision. It stopped the players on both sides crowding the referee like usual, and the whole process took just 37 seconds.

And of course, our goalkeeper Freddie Woodman collecting the "Golden Glove" award, as well as Dominic Solanke winning the Golden Ball for player of the tournament (previous winners have been Paul Pogba & Sergio Aguero, so he is in good company). :thumbsup:

As a side, I thought it was **** poor of the BBC to immediately cut the coverage at the final whistle to opt to show a bunch of people swimming in a river (aka the Leeds triathlon) instead of televising the award ceremony..luckily it was on Eurosport, so I got to watch it..... After all, it's not as if we win a world cup every day!

On a more positive note, I was pleased to see how efficient the new "Video Ref" system worked for Venezuela's penalty decision. It stopped the players on both sides crowding the referee like usual, and the whole process took just 37 seconds.

[
And of course, our goalkeeper Freddie Woodman collecting the "Golden Glove" award, as well as Dominic Solanke winning the Golden Ball for player of the tournament (previous winners have been Paul Pogba & Sergio Aguero, so he is in good company). :thumbsup:

How much will Chelsea buy him back from Liverpool in a couple of years time?

Well done to the u20's a great achievement and hopefully this will be good for the senior team in the future.

Just finished watching it...could not handle the last 20 mins,taped it(do it often when im worried)..WOW..like everybody else :happy:WORLD CHAMPIONS

It would have made more sense to stay with it for the presentation, but to be fair to the BBC they did announce that coverage would continue on the red button. (which it did).

In that case I take it back, I didn't hear them mention the red button.

That was a thoroughly entertaining game between 2 sides who really wanted to win and played like it too.

After the s**t served up (yet again) by the senior side I wasn't expecting much from the youths. How wrong I was!

So just this weekend England won the U20's World Cup, the U21 Toulon Tournament and I seem to remember hearing somewhere that the England Masters team also won a tournament somewhere.

Just the senior side letting us all down then...

Ryan Sessegnon's one you might be familiar with having been a Fulham regular this season. Jadon Sancho's a remarkable talent, as is Callum Hudson-Odoi. George McEachran - brother of Josh - is also a regular in the side. Angel Gomes is another one who looks like being a star - Nicky Butt rates him amongst the best United prospects they've had come through at his age.

He's a wonderful player.I'd be suprised if Fulham can hold onto him for much longer.

I can't wait to see if the U'21's can build on our other (younger only) recent success tomorrow afternoon when they face Sweden in the Euro's.

A quick look at the groups though, considering only 2 go through (kind of) I reckon we have the toughest of the 3 groups though, we have to face the current holders as well as the home nation.....

As for the others, I think it's probably a given that Spain & Portugal will get through their Group B comfortably, with Germany & Italy are odds on to qualify from Group C.

Last edited:
My God,was that not poor again??
Did we get a shot on target?? Sweden hit the bar,missed a pen!!! And England!!!
Another England let down...

Yeah I have to agree with you there ozzie.

And today's game against Slovakia continued on the same trend in the first half (it was like watching England V Iceland all over again!)

We never dominated the possession, our passing was poor in the midfield, our defence looked about as good as a Sunday pub team, and what little chances we had were poor finishes, every player seemed shot shy. Although I thought our dribbling and short / quick passes along the grass were far superior to the Slovakian team throughout the whole game.

That being said, I don't know what Boothroyd said to the lads at half time but it certainly worked. we were a much improved side in the second half to come from 1-0 down to win 2-1. On the whole I think we deserved the win. It was also good to see Woodrow getting some game time also.

I hope we are going to improve in form, as it's all going to come down to the wire on the final game against Poland. We need the win (anything less than a win may not be good enough to progress). and if Portugal beat Spain tomorrow night, we will be deeper in the ****.

Last edited:
:happy:Fantastic Win for the young Lions! :happy:

3-0 against Poland (could have and should have been 6-0).

Firstly well done to Boothroyd for choosing to start Gray over Abraham, it paid off for us (& Abraham caused all sorts of problems as an impact sub).

We looked like a decent side tonight over the whole 90 minutes & dominating in most areas of the field. Our defence has come on leaps and bounds & we counter attacked really well.

My only concern is that Pickford still looks like a "rabbit in the headlights" when ever faced with a shot, and our midfield passing is below par. Also we are missing Mawson for the Semi Final due to picking up another yellow card, and have picked up 2 injuries along the way.

All being said, it's still our biggest win in the tournament since 2000 :thumbsup:

And we are through to the knockout stages at the semi final stage for the 1st time since 2009!.... What's not to like? :thumbsup:

Who do we face next?... I'm guessing it's either Portugal or Germany... I would personally prefer the Czech Republic, but i don't see it happening

(i don't like this 3 group format btw... much easier to have 4 groups with winners V runners-up at the quarter final stage... same goes for the qualifying groups).

Anyway....All in all....... Well done lads!

Last edited:
After the first 2 matches I couldn't be arsed to watch another repeat of Sweden or Slovakia (first half anyway). I'm bloody gutted now!

Well done, lads.

Looking forward to the semi on Tuesday.

It's looking like England actually have decent youngsters coming through!

Back