• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England Youth Football

Come on Spain,please..
After hearing how great the Germans are again(still!!)..people i know,papers,radio..God it gets me down.
When you speak to the people i know..England..they laugh and say you never learn...not sure if they mean me or football

Question....i dont know,maybe one of you do(live in the Fatherland)...but when England practice "pens"?? who is in goal?
I mean do they have the 2 or 3 keepers who came over with them,who will not try too hard to stop them,might get injured!!
Or do they ,as i would bring over 2 up and coming future good keepers,who job is to train and learn with the England set up...but when we pratice penalties(every day,as the Germans say they do), the JOB of the 2 keepers is to stop as many as possible,even maybe getting a bonus,each one they save(would end up bloody rich!!).
But do England ,play the 3 keepers??

Come on Spain,please..
After hearing how great the Germans are again(still!!)..people i know,papers,radio..God it gets me down.
When you speak to the people i know..England..they laugh and say you never learn...not sure if they mean me or football

Question....i dont know,maybe one of you do(live in the Fatherland)...but when England practice "pens"?? who is in goal?
I mean do they have the 2 or 3 keepers who came over with them,who will not try too hard to stop them,might get injured!!
Or do they ,as i would bring over 2 up and coming future good keepers,who job is to train and learn with the England set up...but when we pratice penalties(every day,as the Germans say they do), the JOB of the 2 keepers is to stop as many as possible,even maybe getting a bonus,each one they save(would end up bloody rich!!).
But do England ,play the 3 keepers??

Only saw the first half live but thought Germany were good value for their win.Great headed goal by Weiser.

Gutted....another few weeks of happy Germans.
The German world championship winning players are on holiday,while ..
the German "b" team looks like winning the Con cup
The u-21 "b" team have won the u-21 cup...
Well at least we dont have to wait too long for another England effort.
On monday,i think its the Euro u-19...we haveHolland,Germany and i think Bulgaria...
Lets hope its not ANOTHER disappointment...

Just read that it seems EUFA did not rate any England players either.
THe best team is 6 German,3 Spanish one Italian& a Slovak.
Thought we might have had one player in it,

Now it's time for our Under 19's to hopefully continue our recent success as they do battle in their Euro competition, which is being held in Georgia.

We got off to good start, with a 2-0 win against Bulgaria. But we still have some tough opponents to face in our group (Germany & Netherlands) Netherlands incidentally beat Germany 4-1 earlier to top the group.

Good start by the U19's in Georgia, two wins from two and top the table. Germany next up.

I was pleased with that result, i wasn't expecting a win, a draw at best after watching them tear Germany apart in their 1st game.

Great result against Netherland, I was thinking a draw at best. Hopefully the momentum can be maintained with a win against
Germany tomorrow.

what a gutter,that would be.2 wins and still go out??
We played well last game,but our crossing from free kicks and corners were very poor.Again ,i would like to see us shoot now and then from outside the penalty area;did not do it once last game.
Germany must win,sure Holland will win v Bulgaria
It could be a good day today with England not getting beat and ,i hope,Lewis getting more points than the "bumper" man

Yep watched that match also, pretty dull 1st half, but the 2nd half performance was very convincing, and we deserved that victory.

Nothing like the great feeling of thrashing zee Germans is there Ozzie? :smile: The important thing is that we are through to the Semi Finals against (imo) an average Czech Republic team.

I fancy us as odds on favorites now, what with England being the only team to have won all their games, also we are the team that has scored the most goals and conceded the least across both the groups.

I think so (on paper at least) I would imagine it will be an England V Portugal Final.

At last ,a happy day in Germany.
German manager is under big pressure now,how sad.
I am starting to dream now..saturday night:happy:lets hope so

Is it "SESS" that also France and another country wants him to play for them??Or is that someone else??
If so ,hope we dont mess this one up,like we did ZAHA?

Is it "SESS" that also France and another country wants him to play for them??Or is that someone else??

Nothing that I've seen. Born and bred in London and it is highly unlikely that the England hierarchy will let him slip away to another country (his cousin Stephane plays for Benin, so i assume there is a possibility he might play for them)

Nothing that I've seen. Born and bred in London and it is highly unlikely that the England hierarchy will let him slip away to another country (his cousin Stephane plays for Benin, so i assume there is a possibility he might play for them)

He's also just signed his first professional contract with Fulham over the summer which ties him up with them for the next three years.(Wonder what the buy out clause is)? :unsure:

(Wonder what the buy out clause is)? :unsure:

b25a85054a0c17d817ce234ebae0dd4f--pound-sterling-money-stacks.jpg

Quick reminder, England v Czech republic semi-final at 5.00pm today. (Portugal v Netherlands at 2.00pm)

Back