• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England

Standard England friendly really. Welbeck managed to do more in 3 minutes than Rooney did in the entire game. Not sure how Milner can get on without being anywhere near his club line up.

ITV coverage is woeful as usual, and watching Ian Wright and Lee Dixon try to defend Wilshere's dive was embarrassing. If that was Suarez they would have piled on.

Sterling was great and Sturridge did well but took too many touches when a simple pass out to the winger was on.

Standard England friendly really. Welbeck managed to do more in 3 minutes than Rooney did in the entire game. Not sure how Milner can get on without being anywhere near his club line up.

ITV coverage is woeful as usual, and watching Ian Wright and Lee Dixon try to defend Wilshere's dive was embarrassing. If that was Suarez they would have piled on.

Sterling was great and Sturridge did well but took too many touches when a simple pass out to the winger was on.

Play like that against the Swiss and they'll get done.

Dreadful. But expect nothing more from this shower.

The two Liverpool lads (SAS) are the best of a bad bunch.

Sure we will do just enough to get something out of the Swiss and ultimately qualify in the end. But we are a million miles away from contending for honours at the next tournament.

One last thing. Please tell me what Milner brings to the team? The bloke tries, but he is not international standard at all.

Milner plays for Man City thats why. Hodgson only ever goes to the big teams to watch matches. Hence why Milner, Jones, Smalling, Cleverly etc have so many caps.

Milner plays for Man City thats why. Hodgson only ever goes to the big teams to watch matches. Hence why Milner, Jones, Smalling, Cleverly etc have so many caps.

So which players aren't being picked who should be? Can't help but think that the current pool of players is pretty poor.

So which players aren't being picked who should be? Can't help but think that the current pool of players is pretty poor.

Huddlestone Shelvey Dyer Routledge to name 4,Oh I forgot Roy has NEVER been to Swansea to see them,Not even sure if he ventured to Hull.

Agreed.

The FA and EPL are to blame for that.

Not enough funding at grassroots level and allowing too many foreign players into the EPL has destroyed our production line in this country.

It will take a decade to fix at least and thats if they started making changes now. Which they won't.

Germany done it right. They saw the problem, addressed it and look at them now.

Has Huddlestone really been that influential for Hull? I think he stands out in an otherwise workmanlike side, especially with the utterly pedestrian Livermore alongside him, but that influence deteriorates significantly as soon as more competent midfields challenge him. You're not just looking for how well a player performs in any given game, but how well that performance would translate to the international stage. Gerrard is a prime example of someone who has routinely struggled to do so, but he's a substantially more gifted individual than Huddlestone so has, just about, managed to get away with it.

The problem with selecting Dyer and Routledge is that they can't play anywhere other than on their respective flanks. Outside of the first eleven you really need players to be able to play multiple positions to warrant inclusion. I can't agree with Milner starting games, but he's a useful player to have around given the number of positions he can slot into. Oxlade-Chamberlain is obviously a much-vaunted player who Hodgson and England expect to be an ever present in the future - something Wenger has alluded to as well - and Raheem Sterling is one of the best players in the Premier League at the moment. I can't warrant including Dyer or Routledge ahead of those two, so it becomes harder to pick them in any squad.

Shelvey, on the other hand, is far too suspect in position and loose with the ball to be considered. His passing is often wayward and he's competing with supremely gifted footballers in his position. No thanks.

The only player I can't understand selecting for the squad is Andros Townsend, who offers next to nothing.

We have an uninspiring manager who only selects from the biggest clubs,True the PL has been overwhelmed by imports but we have not won nothing for 48 year's.

We need a bloke in charge who can inspire the player's make them feel ten feet tall fill them with pride wearing the 3 lions and Roy ain't that man.

We have an uninspiring manager who only selects from the biggest clubs,True the PL has been overwhelmed by imports but we have not won nothing for 48 year's.

We need a bloke in charge who can inspire the player's make them feel ten feet tall fill them with pride wearing the 3 lions and Roy ain't that man.

Like Harry Redknapp?

:dim:

Has Huddlestone really been that influential for Hull? I think he stands out in an otherwise workmanlike side, especially with the utterly pedestrian Livermore alongside him, but that influence deteriorates significantly as soon as more competent midfields challenge him. You're not just looking for how well a player performs in any given game, but how well that performance would translate to the international stage. Gerrard is a prime example of someone who has routinely struggled to do so, but he's a substantially more gifted individual than Huddlestone so has, just about, managed to get away with it.

The problem with selecting Dyer and Routledge is that they can't play anywhere other than on their respective flanks. Outside of the first eleven you really need players to be able to play multiple positions to warrant inclusion. I can't agree with Milner starting games, but he's a useful player to have around given the number of positions he can slot into. Oxlade-Chamberlain is obviously a much-vaunted player who Hodgson and England expect to be an ever present in the future - something Wenger has alluded to as well - and Raheem Sterling is one of the best players in the Premier League at the moment. I can't warrant including Dyer or Routledge ahead of those two, so it becomes harder to pick them in any squad.

Shelvey, on the other hand, is far too suspect in position and loose with the ball to be considered. His passing is often wayward and he's competing with supremely gifted footballers in his position. No thanks.

The only player I can't understand selecting for the squad is Andros Townsend, who offers next to nothing.

I hear what you are saying but we always go for the big names and ultimately fail.

1966 and unfashionable Westham striker Geoff Hurst grabbed a hat trick .

I hear what you are saying but we always go for the big names and ultimately fail.

West Ham unfashionable? Erm Bobby Moore was West Ham and England captain and leading star, the Beckham of his day. The same season they were Cup Winners Cup semi finallists and League Cup finallists

I'd rather go for established players and ultimately fail during the tournament finals than select people like Huddlestone and Shelvey and fail to qualify.

40 goals in 59 games the season before while winning West Ham's POTY award, hardly surprising it is?

I'd rather go for established players and ultimately fail during the tournament finals than select people like Huddlestone and Shelvey and fail to qualify.

I could be wrong but I thought the top 3 qualify?(not checked but was told this)so if correct we will easily qualify even if we finish second(top 2 only).

Dyer and Routledge could be worth a look because if Sterling or Oxley are playing bad/injured/banned they are there in the fold ready and waiting.

Shelvey is hit and miss but still plays for a prem club and warrants a game from the bench because he cannot do no worse than the Liverpool guy last night who only passes square and offers little to the forwards.

Back