• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England

Dont know if anyone watched the other week,the u-21 ,champ league game, Roma v Man.city..City were big favourites..they lost 2-1,like the 1st team,when things started to go wrong,they spat out their dummys,ended up with 9 players(2 off)..but the biggest problem was "our"great hope with youth football_bringing through English players..City only played -started with 4 Englishmen...at least it was 2 more than the overrated first team

England are just an average run of the mill team who will bully the minnows yet always fall short against the better teams.

Too many foreigners,probably,but as Wenger pointed out from 66 to 96 there were no foreigners playing over here yet England still struggled.

I still think until we have an attack minded manager in control nothing will never change.

For me Theo is still our best player. We have two players who can trouble the best teams in the World - Sterling and Walcott. They'd be the first players on the team sheet for me.

On his game, I think that is true of Walcott. However, against Italy I didn't really see that.

Thank God we all have different opinions,i think a good (very)-great managers makes a team -players better,i have not seen that with Hodgson.I dont think in over 3 years, we have got better. If the Swiss,still had Hitzfeld as manager,imo, we would now be 2nd in our group..he was a great manager

England are just an average run of the mill team who will bully the minnows yet always fall short against the better teams.

Too many foreigners,probably,but as Wenger pointed out from 66 to 96 there were no foreigners playing over here yet England still struggled.

I still think until we have an attack minded manager in control nothing will never change.

I guess PB is not on your short list then?

Thank God we all have different opinions,i think a good (very)-great managers makes a team -players better,i have not seen that with Hodgson.I dont think in over 3 years, we have got better. If the Swiss,still had Hitzfeld as manager,imo, we would now be 2nd in our group..he was a great manager

Interesting you mention Switzerland. In 1994, they qualified for their first World Cup in a generation. And the manager was....

Interesting you mention Switzerland. In 1994, they qualified for their first World Cup in a generation. And the manager was....

Well done .... , but .... has not done in over 3 years,....all for us,SO FAR....but i do hope he does:smile:

For me Theo is still our best player. We have two players who can trouble the best teams in the World - Sterling and Walcott. They'd be the first players on the team sheet for me.

Sorry, I'm not having Walcott at all. His pace is enough to see him through against the qualification fodder that can't offer much else, but he showed against Italy that he simply isn't good enough as an all-round footballer to trouble the top defensive units. You could argue that England aren't exactly blessed with options that could, but Rooney - for all his misgivings - is still streets ahead of Walcott as a goal threat.

Think we have to remember that although it wasn't the Italians 1st team, it wasn't ours either.

Thoroughly looking forward to the same people questioning its legitimacy if Wales can climb to 22nd, extolling its accuracy with England down in 14th.

How can Wales be in 22nd and England in 14th. These rankings cannot be legitimate or accurate!!

How can Wales be in 22nd and England in 14th. These rankings cannot be legitimate or accurate!!

Competitive wins (justifiably) against sides ranked higher count massively. Last month, Wales beat Israel away who at the time were ranked more than twenty places higher. England's one competitive game (and win) was against Lithuania, which wouldn't have earned many points.

Legitimate.

Reasonably accurate. It is difficult to get a perfect system in place and some teams - Switzerland have certainly benefitted - do play the system somewhat in terms of arranging the right sort of friendlies.

Last edited:
Back