• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex 2017 (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see David Masters announced his retirement yesterday.

legend, one of my favourite players ever.

sadly i've not been this season and it doesn't look like i'll have anyone to go Canterbury with so i'll probably have to miss that too.

still, we're up so i can go Lords and Oval next season

Big news for tomorrow's match - no Foster. Napier's also out (presumably injured), so we could get a preview of what next season maybe like?

Masters is however named in the squad. Presumably Velani is odd man out in the batting but bowling is a lot harder to call. It could be any of them, but I'm going to go Walter (although I'd hope it's the loanee Rhodes unless he's also joining permanently next year).

1. Chopra
2. Browne
3. Westley
4. Bopara
5. Lawrence
6. RtD*
7. Wheater+
8. Rhodes
9. Masters
10. Dixon
11. Beard
12. Velani
13. Walter

No play today :sad:

Feel a tad sorry for any souls on here that booked a day off & got up early to make it down to Canterbury for around 10am this morning, only to be told at nearly 3pm, that it's off for the day.

Big news for tomorrow's match - no Foster. Napier's also out (presumably injured), so we could get a preview of what next season maybe like?

Masters is however named in the squad. Presumably Velani is odd man out in the batting but bowling is a lot harder to call. It could be any of them, but I'm going to go Walter (although I'd hope it's the loanee Rhodes unless he's also joining permanently next year).

1. Chopra
2. Browne
3. Westley
4. Bopara
5. Lawrence
6. RtD*
7. Wheater+
8. Rhodes
9. Masters
10. Dixon
11. Beard
12. Velani
13. Walter

Ok, well out there. Velani plays instead of the skipper and Walter instead of Beard.

No Cook (int'l), RtD (rested), Foster (rested), Porter (rested) or Napier (injured).

:off topic: :-

Middx v Yorks : Tim Bresnan batting at five in a title decider. What's that all about then!?

Last edited:
Graham Napier nominated for PCA player of the year:happy::thumbsup:

Yep. Think they are overdoing the declaration, but now Rogers has his century, think they'll declare over lunch.

Also, going to be close at the bottom, too. Hoping Lancashire go down.

Will Yorkshire get that vital batting point? 15 runs to get and one wicket to go...

really enjoying following this end to the season

Yep. Think they are overdoing the declaration, but now Rogers has his century, think they'll declare over lunch.

Also, going to be close at the bottom, too. Hoping Lancashire go down.

Have soft spot for Lancs, my idols were Jackie Bond, Clive Lloyd, Farouk Engineer. Would love to play them next year:happy:

Have soft spot for Lancs, my idols were Jackie Bond, Clive Lloyd, Farouk Engineer. Would love to play them next year:happy:

Was thinking of the travelling.

Hants and Warks would be easier trips next summer.

Yorks now 364/9, so a lead of 94. Looks like they're going to bat on, try and bowl Middx out for 250ish, and then have a mad dash for the runs.

If I was Somerset, I'd be worried....

In our news, we're getting tonked, not that it matters :smile:

185/5

This is working perfectly for Yorkshire, as Somerset will win, meaning Middx have to take risks to rack up 250-300 as quickly as possible tonight and tomorrow.

Declaration bowling leaves Yorkshire a contrived target of 240 off 38 overs. Whoever wins, wins the CC. A draw and Somerset take the title.

What odds on Yorks being 230 for 9 and they go off for bad light :smile:

In other news K**t are 209/5, a lead of 359, and don't look like declaring. K**ts :winking:

Declaration bowling leaves Yorkshire a contrived target of 240 off 38 overs. Whoever wins, wins the CC. A draw and Somerset take the title.

What odds on Yorks being 230 for 9 and they go off for bad light :smile:

In other news K**t are 209/5, a lead of 359, and don't look like declaring. K**ts :winking:

That really is crap from Kent. Even if they had set a pretty unrealistic target it would have provided some entertainment for the crowd. I'm sure, initially, Essex would have gone for it. Happily, it's not as if there was anything important riding on the result. BORING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back