• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex 2017 (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ravi the difference between the two teams.

Without his 37 off 23 Essex made 278/7 off 46.1 overs
Without his 10-0-34-3 Gloucestershire made 252/5 off 40 overs

Lost by one run! :sad:

Needed 7 off the final over, but couldn't get over the line.

Chopra made 124, though.

Looking to get tickets for the game at Lords (Middlesex vs Essex 20/20) on Thurs 27th July - all tickets are 20 quid so want to know what stand is best to be in. Going with my parents as it my mums birthday that day and will want a few drinks. And maybe a bit of late evening sun! Never been so thought this would be a good spot for advice! :thumbsup:

Looking to get tickets for the game at Lords (Middlesex vs Essex 20/20) on Thurs 27th July - all tickets are 20 quid so want to know what stand is best to be in. Going with my parents as it my mums birthday that day and will want a few drinks. And maybe a bit of late evening sun! Never been so thought this would be a good spot for advice! :thumbsup:
Depends if you want to be behind the bowlers arm or not. Whenever I've been to Lord's I've usually been in the Compton / Edrich Upper (the end opposite the Pavilion), however I did sit high up in the Grandstand (on the left if looking from the Pavilion) once, and that was a good view albeit side on.

Depends if you want to be behind the bowlers arm or not. Whenever I've been to Lord's I've usually been in the Compton / Edrich Upper (the end opposite the Pavilion), however I did sit high up in the Grandstand (on the left if looking from the Pavilion) once, and that was a good view albeit side on.

Grandstand is closer to the bar.

I prefer the view in Edrich or Compton Upper (depending on what pitch they are using).

Lost by one run! :sad:

Needed 7 off the final over, but couldn't get over the line.

Chopra made 124, though.

Pretty disappointing all round performance.

We've beaten far better teams than Glamorgan and we should really have won from the position we found ourselves in.

Grandstand is closer to the bar.

I prefer the view in Edrich or Compton Upper (depending on what pitch they are using).

Was in the latter for the the England v Ireland ODI yesterday. First place I ever sat at Lord's and still my preferred spot 17 years on.

Bugger Neil Wagner called up by NZ and could miss next 5 games

Irritating, this. NZ taking players not in their Champions Trophy squad to this ODI tri-series when their front-line bowlers are bench-sitting in the IPL. Only McClenaghan is actually playing, Southee and Boult haven't played in weeks, yet we lose our bowler instead.

Wagner has never played a white ball game for NZ so we must've felt safe when signing him for the first half of the season too!

Essex v Sussex is on Sky Sports this afternoon, starting at 2pm. Fingers crossed for another win.

Enjoyed watching some of that.

Great recovery from Cooky and Tendo.

About par score in the end, but definitely in a good position after that start.

Not a bad recovery to come back from 19-3 to finish on 295-7. Was really hoping we would make the 300 mark.

Cook with 109 & Ten Doeschate with 102. :thumbsup:

We are certainly keeping the crowd on the edge with the one day games

Thought Walter held his nerve so well, whereas Quinn lost his nerve or focus to wards the end

Either way its a team game and the Eagles did good

UTE

We rock! :happy::cool:

Massive game now on Sunday.

Win the group and we qualify straight for the semi-finals.

97-1 off 15 overs.

Decent start.

Neil Wagner's playing, as well. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back