• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex 2017 (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essex win by 72 runs :happy:

Essex 334 for 6

Somerset 262 all out (43.2 overs)

Essex go top of the table. :smile:

Couldn't get many good seats for 4 in the Grand stand so ended up going for Erich upper stand! At only 20 quid I thought it was decent value. May do Oval too the week before but got to swap an afternoon shift at work.

Will be interested in going to the final if Essex make it, £50 though.

Tempted to buy the t20 shirt as well. Seeing England v Bangladesh and England v Australia next month. Looking forward to the latter especially!

Thought our game might be on the TV this afternoon, but they've gone for Hampshire v Sussex.

A win, no result or even a defeat but a better net run rate than Somerset today and we get a home draw in the semi finals.

307/6 off 50 overs, Chopra top scored with 83

All the other games have been abandoned, so we'll top the group and have a home semi-final. :happy:

Kent vs Essex

Essex 307 for 6 wickets (50 overs)

Kent 50 for 3 wickets (11 overs)

Essex win by 57 runs (D/L Method) :happy:

If game is rained off, its played on Saturday 17th as the reserve day

Just hope it is not Nottingham we play:blush:

Last edited:
Nick Browne's tough start to the year continues as he's out 5th ball to Fidel Edwards.

I don't think he's passed 50 against a county yet this year.

Hundreds for both Westley and Cook.

This is Essex's second biggest partnership in the first division.

Cooky's record is quite something.

Over 20,000 runs now at an average of over 48.00, with over 50% of those runs at test level. :thumbsup:

Cooky's record is quite something.

Over 20,000 runs now at an average of over 48.00, with over 50% of those runs at test level. :thumbsup:

That's nothing! Hobbs scored over 60,000 at an average of 50:omg:

Gooch got nearly 45,000 at an average of 49:Worthy:

Crap. Westley out and another wicket to fall last over of the day.

Yep, but both players played a lot more matches, due to 3 day cricket and, of course, no central contracts.

Cook 453 inns
Gooch 990 inns
Hobbs 1325 inns

Gooch scored less than 20% of his runs at test level and Hobbs less than 10%

Yep, but both players played a lot more matches, due to 3 day cricket and, of course, no central contracts.

Cook 453 inns
Gooch 990 inns
Hobbs 1325 inns

I'm hoping that Cook has many more innings left in him for Essex, especially now he's nowhere near the one-day side.

Hobbs' record is insane, but the likes of Hick (41,000) and Ramps (35,000) have showed what is possible in the modern era.

Me too.

Gooch played on into his forties and if Cook keeps himself fit, he could possibly have another 6 or 7 years in him.

He's in tremendous form at the moment.

I always think the benchmark for England greats is Wally Hammond, but Boycott's record is pretty decent, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back