• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2017

Couldn't agree with you more Shrimper. 150 should have been a realistic victory.

Both sides were un-inspiring. We could say that dropped catch on Pietersen when he was on 20 (before going onto reach 52) cost us the match, but to finish only with 140/7!...... Ultimately we have just been very poor yet again.

Lawrence you melt, terrible drop. I know you are allowed to but seems unfair KP allowed to bat and happily run etc then not field all game

Not good, at least we can focus on red ball now. A chance of T20 qualification is pretty much over now? Gutted to see Pietersen do well. I wanted him to get a first ball duck the ****

How often do you see Ravi and RTD eat up balls at a strike rate of about 100 and let the RRR creep up and up, it's so frustrating!

Amir has been brilliant, shame he's in a side that is so tactically naïve

How often do you see Ravi and RTD eat up balls at a strike rate of about 100 and let the RRR creep up and up, it's so frustrating!

Amir has been brilliant, shame he's in a side that is so tactically naïve

I'm not sure they were tactically naive, it's just they were up against better players. It hasn't happened often, but it did last night.

Pietersen was superb and was the only player capable of scoring like that for a sustained period, particularly outside the powerplays. He hit more sixes than the other 18 players managed between them combined. We should just count our good fortune in seeing one of the all time greats bat like that in one of his final innings.

Even Sangakkara struggled for fluency. Sangakkara!

With the ball Tom Curran was superb for Surrey.

Defeat hurts, particularly when we've been so use to winning this season but you've got to say well done to Surrey. We were beaten by the better side.

I'm not sure they were tactically naive, it's just they were up against better players. It hasn't happened often, but it did last night.

Pietersen was superb and was the only player capable of scoring like that for a sustained period, particularly outside the powerplays. He hit more sixes than the other 18 players managed between them combined. We should just count our good fortune in seeing one of the all time greats bat like that in one of his final innings.

Even Sangakkara struggled for fluency. Sangakkara!

With the ball Tom Curran was superb for Surrey.

Defeat hurts, particularly when we've been so use to winning this season but you've got to say well done to Surrey. We were beaten by the better side.

Sorry I disagree, especially in the case of Tendo. He went about 15 balls before he even shaped up aggressively, was happy getting bat on ball and picking up odd singles, meanwhile the RRR shot up. This was before Tom Curran came back on!

Sorry I disagree, especially in the case of Tendo. He went about 15 balls before he even shaped up aggressively, was happy getting bat on ball and picking up odd singles, meanwhile the RRR shot up. This was before Tom Curran came back on!

I think you're overestimating how difficult it was to do more than that without getting out.

Look at the number of batsmen who got out trying to be more aggressive.

I think you're overestimating how difficult it was to do more than that without getting out.

Look at the number of batsmen who got out trying to be more aggressive.

I don't think we are going to agree on this one, there was no shaping up for a big shot and then thinking better of it and blocking. It was all little flicks for singles, there was no intent and the RRR got to a point that when the likes of Zaidi and Foster came in they had to try and go big every ball. You are on a hiding to nothing if you are put in that position as a batsman, you might get lucky now and then but rarely.

I don't think we are going to agree on this one, there was no shaping up for a big shot and then thinking better of it and blocking. It was all little flicks for singles, there was no intent and the RRR got to a point that when the likes of Zaidi and Foster came in they had to try and go big every ball. You are on a hiding to nothing if you are put in that position as a batsman, you might get lucky now and then but rarely.

I think RtD was on a hiding to nothing doing that earlier in his innings as well!

Westley has been called up for the Third test to replace the inured Ballance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/40666788

Curses! The ECB will do anything to undermine any county without a Test ground in a city so they can justify their awful franchise thing.
Without Cook and Westley we are now short of a batsman and a bowler (Quinn out for the season) for our championship charge!

Very slow pitch and one incredible over from KP was the major factors last night - simple as that.
Going first day at Oval for the test so hope we win the toss as would love to see Cook and Westley make a few.
Presume Essex match after will be on box so straight into boozer at the close of play - sounds like a decent day already.

Very slow pitch and one incredible over from KP was the major factors last night - simple as that.
Going first day at Oval for the test so hope we win the toss as would love to see Cook and Westley make a few.
Presume Essex match after will be on box so straight into boozer at the close of play - sounds like a decent day already.

They are showing Kent Somerset Thurs.

I'm going to the oval Thursday with the fam so should be a nice afternoon, whether we win or not; well that's unlikely!

I'm going on Thursday aswell, first time at a Test match would be great to see two Essex boys at the crease.

Apologies, off-topic, but KP was very amusing tonight in the T20 on the box! :facepalm:

Runs Finch out, then needs a runner himself, fannys about and chucks his wicket away!

Yep. I wouldn't be surprised if Surrey let him go after tonight's game. They all looked pretty miffed with him.

btw, I can see why we struggled the other night on that pitch. Way too dry and slow.

Back