• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2017

For anyone that wants to follow the Somerset / Lancs match, I found a live video link via You tube (it doesn't have sound, so best to sync it with the live bbc commentary).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7lpVlvOBDQ

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/40881360

Top work 'matti' :thumbsup:

Hoping for a Somerset win so they stay up. Be great if we can send Yorkshire down in the final match, so we get to keep the Middlesex fixture next summer.

Top it off with Notts and Worcester coming up. :cool:

Don't think Parry was impressed with the decision! .. About the 3rd player this innings!

Why on earth haven't they got a bloke fielding round the corner.

We would have two there at this stage!

Weather not looking to great tomorrow in Taunton (rain currently expected from around 1pm onwards until close). So hopefully they can take those last 2 wickets early and chase down their lead. Not just solely from an Essex perspective but a Somerset win could bring 4 or 5 teams into an exciting relegation battle during the last 2 games.

Yep, definitely want Somerset to stay up.

There were some very close LBW calls right at the death, there.

Yeah i'd feel really sorry for Somerset if they don't get a win against Lancs, they've played really well and deserve the victory. Mother nature is the only one that can bugger it up for them now. Shame they didn't get the option of an extra half hours play this evening, could have made a huge difference to tomorrows few hours of cricket.

Was in Taunton earlier this year (to see the mighty Eagles), lovely people. Come on Somerset!

The greatest day I ever saw cricket was at Taunton.

The 1978 Gillette Cup Semi-Final.

A never to be forgotten experience and a wonderful atmosphere.

Got to talk about watching Essex beat the Aussies at Southchurch Park.......centuries ago with Trevor Bailey as captain, Barry Knight taking plenty of wickets. Trevor speaking to crowd afterwards with fag wobbling in mouth!!! Ah, the memories.

Has to be for me when Lancs came down in 1970's with Clive Lloyd, David Hughes in Benson and Hedges and Lloyd hit the winning run at 9.15 no flood lights then
its why I have a soft spot for Lancs Jackie Bond got all the players to sign autographs went on till late into the night

It would seem apt when we will officially win the Div 1 trophy tomorrow, as it will be exactly a year to the day until we were last beaten in a league fixture (15th September 2016 against Glamorgan).

Sadly for Somerset, it seems the weather is getting worse in the south west, so what little play they may get, they will need to get those last 2 wickets asap & bat T20 style in order to get a win.

Come on you cider boys, make our day! Exciting times for us all. 25 years was too long to wait.

The greatest day I ever saw cricket was at Taunton.

The 1978 Gillette Cup Semi-Final.

A never to be forgotten experience and a wonderful atmosphere.

What about the 1979 B & H Cup final or did I dream it?:angry:

Back