• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2017

We've only gone and won the league. :happy::happy::happy:

Well done Essex and everyone involved (including Somerset).

Amazing achievement!!

Middlesex, Lords, capacity 28000
Surrey, the oval, capacity 23500
Lancashire, old Trafford, capacity 22000
Hampshire, rose bowl, capacity 22000
Warwickshire, Edgbaston, capacity 21000
Yorkshire, headingly, capacity 20000
Somerset, taunton, capacity 6500
Essex, Chelmsford, capacity 6000

Smallest ground, much lower revenue than the big counties,much lower wages. But who are about to become county champions. ESSEX!

On par with Leicester winning the premier league

This is a stunning achievement. Largely local talent. And we have t just crept over the line, our win margins have generally been massive. Be nice to carry on for last two games and finish unbeaten with a remarkable record.

I can hardly speak for joy....never thought I would see them champs again in my lifetime. Thank you ECCC, thank you.

I think I need to be excused :smile::winking::cry::thumbsup::clap:

Great achievement for Essex and really pleased to win League after 25 years. Just need to cap off the season and announce that they will be reinstating the Southend Festival now.

Great achievement for Essex and really pleased to win League after 25 years. Just need to cap off the season and announce that they will be reinstating the Southend Festival now.

Would be nice, but a bridge too far I think. Anyway, a tremendous effort by the Essex boys, you've made closet cricket fans (including me) all over the county very proud.

Got to talk about watching Essex beat the Aussies at Southchurch Park.......centuries ago with Trevor Bailey as captain, Barry Knight taking plenty of wickets. Trevor speaking to crowd afterwards with fag wobbling in mouth!!! Ah, the memories.

Not the same match, of course, but I guess we've all seen the EAFA footage from 1948 :-

http://www.eafa.org.uk/catalogue/142

:thumbsup::cool:

The other 2 matches finished in a draw, that table looks tight now, currently only 13 points between finishing 3rd in division one or being relegated to division two.

The other 2 matches finished in a draw, that table looks tight now, currently only 13 points between finishing 3rd in division one or being relegated to division two.

I do like the idea of winning the last match and sending Yorkshire down!

Apparently, we are being presented with the trophy at the County Ground during that match, though not sure if it's at the start or the end.

Really lovely to see Essex finally winning the County Championship. Gone are the dark days of the second division and struggling for a win

My mind goes back to the beginning of the season when we dug out a (home) draw against Lancs? Looks even more valuable now.

Yep, first game that was.

Dan Lawrence batted superbly in that one.

Back