• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex Cricket 2023

Watching this on Youtube. What a deadful start losing two quick wickets, Rymell seemed away with the fairies and what was Das thinking of?. Are Essex taking this competition seriously?
a big thank you to The Hundred

Unfortunately was there today. Good day out but a sadly very disappointing performance.

I must admit we have a very very weak line up. But that performance was quite incredible!

a big thank you to The Hundred
It wasn’t the Hundred who decided to not pick Simon Harmer or Alastair Cook or Nick Browne (although I’m not sure the latter would have actually strengthened the side).

Essex decided to treat this as a 2nd XI match and I don’t particularly have a problem with that when we’re in the middle of a championship title charge.

But people need to adjust their expectations when you’ve got a top six where I hadn’t heard of half of them a month ago (and the likes of Rymell and Das who I had heard of are hardly household names).

Reactions: RHB
Aron Nijjar, Will Buttleman, Josh Rymell and Eshun Kalley all to depart.

No real surprises there. Rymell had plenty of opportunities in the RLODC this year and never kicked on after his promise a few years back. Buttleman would arguably have been behind Rossington, Jordan Cox and Pepper; Nijjar behind both Harmer and Critchley and various other assorted all-rounders in one day cricket and never really featured in the longer form stuff. I expect Benkenstein to push for selection as second spinner in white ball cricket next season too.

Essex have some really good young talent with Benkenstein, Charlie Allison, Noah Thain and Jamal Richards. This might be the best crop for quite a while.

Final round of fixtures, can Essex still win the title?

1st) Surrey 205 pts
2nd) Essex 187 pts

Back