• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex Cricket 2023

Great win. Looking forward to a trip to finals day but weather forecast is looking pretty grim atm!
Me too, I'm staying over in Birmingham so if the reserve day is needed I'll be there. I'm an optimist so I'm taking it as a positive, we are probably the weakest side in the finals (the bookies certainly think so), but we do have a great top order who can score quickly. Shortened games might play to our advantage.

Forecast is for showers and sun so hopefully we get it all done tomorrow.

Finals Day is a phenomenal day out.

Me too, I'm staying over in Birmingham so if the reserve day is needed I'll be there. I'm an optimist so I'm taking it as a positive, we are probably the weakest side in the finals (the bookies certainly think so), but we do have a great top order who can score quickly. Shortened games might play to our advantage.
Though I agree, we are very much on the day team

Great to be first game so when they get through to finals, a bit more rest
Have had a small bet on us, all depends on the day with us, sometimes we look unbeatable, other days how did we get to the final :Happy:

Had a good day out at Edgbaston on Saturday. Lost too many wickets early in the end and wasn't meant to be. Somerset with one of the best records in the competition so worth winners.

Although if the ball for that catch slipped through for 4 I would have backed Sams to stick another couple over the ropes but fine margins and all that.

Had a good day out at Edgbaston on Saturday. Lost too many wickets early in the end and wasn't meant to be. Somerset with one of the best records in the competition so worth winners.

Although if the ball for that catch slipped through for 4 I would have backed Sams to stick another couple over the ropes but fine margins and all that.
Agreed with all of this, had a great day out too. 15 wins from 17, Somerset clear deserved winners.

Essex had a phenomenal campaign given they are probably not top 10 side in T20 on the players alone. Fearless tactics with the bat is how we got there so we cannot complain when it doesn't pay off.

Was a great day, we were sat near a load of Somerset fans abd we did a deal that they would support us in the 1st semi and we would support them in the 2nd. The final was good fun banter between us, we managed to get the neutrals on our side in the final, EAAAAGLEEESSSS is a much better chant than "come on you cider boys". £5 a pint of Guinness was very good as well, that was the members price but nobody checked if we were members. 1st time I've been to finals day and I loved it despite Essex not getting over the line. Somerset were an amazing team this season, no shame losing to them.

Back