• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Euro 2016

Well England's next match is against Iceland thanks to their late late winner V Austria.

Was hoping to get Portugal so we can send that miserable, conceited little gimp Ronaldo over the edge

instead we are playing a team of frozen food chain workers... Surely even Woy can't mess that one up, can he???

Was hoping to get Portugal so we can send that miserable, conceited little gimp Ronaldo over the edge

instead we are playing a team of frozen food chain workers... Surely even Woy can't mess that one up, can he???

Iceland deserve a bit more respect I think. We have nothing to fear from them up front, but they have a pretty resolute defence, and we have seen how well we handle resolute defences!

Portugal would have been winnable - their defence is abysmal. Iceland will be yet another "park the bus" game and hope for penalties. Iceland winning is not necessarily a good thing.

Im glad we avoided Portugal, looks like Ronaldo is finding his form, yes their defence is bad, but they have proven in that match that they can certainly score (given our track record for scoring in this tournament so far, i think if they scored against us, we would struggle to come back) Also we have a terrible record against them, I believe we haven't beaten Portugal in a competition since 1966.

I think Croatia will turn them over on Saturday night and send them packing.

Talking of the games in the next round... Italy V Spain looks like the pick of the matches so far.

i hope ROY gets THIS right....or it could be our most embassasing result since Brazil 1950..v USA.
:omg:

I thought I read somewhere the FA have told him, he needs to reach the Semi Final if he wants to keep his job. Mind you I do agree, we have no real alternative currently. Besides, I actually don't think he has done that badly really (well it looks good on paper at least). Comparable to Sir Alf Ramsey.

We've already shown we have no answer to teams parking the bus (despite people saying we played well I thought we were poor against Slovakia, it's not hard to have plenty of shots when a team sits back but only 3 or 4 of them were any good) I'm not sure Iceland will be an easy match to win.

We've already shown we have no answer to teams parking the bus (despite people saying we played well I thought we were poor against Slovakia, it's not hard to have plenty of shots when a team sits back but only 3 or 4 of them were any good) I'm not sure Iceland will be an easy match to win.

Have to agree with you there, I also thought we were sub standard against Slovakia, and also think that Iceland will sit back deep and defend, then counter attack on the break (like they have done so many times so far in this Tournament).

My concern is not our passing our possession, we have almost mastered that.. it's our finishing that has concerned me throughout so far, and if Iceland nick a lucky goal, I would be exremelly worried considering how well they have defended so far against decent attacking teams like Portugal & Hungary.

So there we are in the second round of Euro 2016 with Iceland as our next opponents. I would certainly have taken that progress before the Tournament began.

Iceland are eminently beatable and historically England teams get stronger the further into a tournament they go. So with Roy Hodgson as our manager we go into the knockout stages. I'm really looking forward to the Iceland game and I truthfully will be happy if we scrape it 1-0, or win on penalties, because that will be ok too, as we will still be in the tournament.

Come on England, I still believe. Make us proud.

So there we are in the second round of Euro 2016 with Iceland as our next opponents. I would certainly have taken that progress before the Tournament began.

Iceland are eminently beatable and historically England teams get stronger the further into a tournament they go. So with Roy Hodgson as our manager we go into the knockout stages. I'm really looking forward to the Iceland game and I truthfully will be happy if we scrape it 1-0, or win on penalties, because that will be ok too, as we will still be in the tournament.

Come on England, I still believe. Make us proud.

The problem is Wales, Russia and Slovakia were all beatable, and we only managed to beat one with a last minute goal. We had 431 shots and only scored 3 goals.

Problem is we dont seem to do well against teams defending, which is exactly what Iceland will do.

Blimey its like supporting Southend all over again. :smile:

Take a look at Wales side of the draw, I wouldn't have thought they would fear Belgium (didn't they draw twice in the qualifiers) or Croatia especially.

We could have been in that side of the draw :'(

I reckon we'll go out to France in the quarters and Roy will keep his job, mainly cos there's no other options.

I reckon we'll go out to France in the quarters and Roy will keep his job, mainly because he's by far and away the best man for the job, and has built a very young, inexperience squad. He deserves the chance to see it through.

Back