• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Half way there!

Tortuous progress here.

Spoiler:  
Wrexham
for sure; I checked it after I guessed. And I really do need to get back to work so I will take a punt with
  Spoiler:  
Maidenhead United
seeing as they have been around longer than most.

Either way, all four teams have been further in the FA Cup than Southend ever have!

Tortuous progress here.

Wrexham for sure; I checked it after I guessed. And I really do need to get back to work so I will take a punt with Maidenhead United seeing as they have been around longer than most.

Either way, all four teams have been further in the FA Cup than Southend ever have!

Well done !

Wrexham and Tranmere will be two of them.

I actually went to Wrexham's appearance. At home to Arsenal in 1978, the year they beat Blyth Spartans in the previous round.

Edit : Sorry, didn't read the spoilers

Further edit : I also went to Orient's semi-final appearance the same season

Further question and without looking it up, in that season I mentioned, above (1977-78), we reached the third round, but who did we beat in the first two rounds and lose to in the third round?

Further question and without looking it up, in that season I mentioned, above (1977-78), we reached the third round, but who did we beat in the first two rounds and lose to in the third round?

Obviously, looking it up would be cheating, but were I to do so, I'd have gone here - http://sufcdb.co.uk/

Alas that site is no longer operational, so where's good to get this sort of stuff for SUFC nowadays?

(Oh and I'll guess Wealdstone, Millwall and Watford, using the 'before my time' excuse for a no doubt way off answer)

No cigar sadly 'Uncle Leo'.

Clue : All three games were away, but the 2nd round went to a replay.

3rd round lost 3-2 at Derby after a draw at Leamington in the 2nd round....can't recall 1st round opposition

'Kaymac' is 2/3 of the way there! :thumbsup:

AP Leamington we drew 0-0 there on the Saturday and on the Monday night, beat them 4-0 at home in the replay.

'Kaymac' is 2/3 of the way there! :thumbsup:

AP Leamington we drew 0-0 there on the Saturday and on the Monday night, beat them 4-0 at home in the replay.

I looked up the first round - don't remember it though!

Me neither, when I checked it.

Remember the other two games.

I went to the AP Leamington replay and my brother went to both games and the Derby County match.

Back