• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

F1 2015

like how the red stands out on the new McLaren.

_80712026_alonso_ap.jpg

Hamilton taking over where Rosberg left off by smashing out the laps, Vettel top of the time board again. Strange how Vettel has tested on both day 1&2, wonder what's up with Kimi?

Hamilton taking over where Rosberg left off by smashing out the laps, Vettel top of the time board again. Strange how Vettel has tested on both day 1&2, wonder what's up with Kimi?

did you notice new driver Nasr managed 108 laps today in the Sauber and set the fastest time? Obviously the time doesn't mean much at this stage but that's a pretty impressive effort.

did you notice new driver Nasr managed 108 laps today in the Sauber and set the fastest time? Obviously the time doesn't mean much at this stage but that's a pretty impressive effort.

Yes saw that, seems like the Ferrari engined cars are making a good start. But then again it's only testing, Mclaren had a better run out today but still miles off the pace. I really hope they catch up because it's one hell of an exciting driver line up.

Susie Wolff testing in the Wiliams for day 1 in Barcelona, am I the only one who thinks she is where she is because of who her husband is? Seems a wasted seat on a 31 year old, if she was younger I could understand.

Susie Wolff testing in the Wiliams for day 1 in Barcelona, am I the only one who thinks she is where she is because of who her husband is? Seems a wasted seat on a 31 year old, if she was younger I could understand.

4 second slower than Lotus and she crashed. She was probably rushing so she could get back and make the dinner. And do the ironing.

Alonso is going to miss the first race of the season in Australia due to medical advice, Kevin Magnussen will take his place. They reckon he will be fit for the Malaysian GP though.

At least she's a pretty good driver. Lotus signed Carmen Jorda as reserve driver, 3 years in GP3 and 0 points. The driver replacing her finished 1st and 2nd in the next two races.

Alonso is going to miss the first race of the season in Australia due to medical advice, Kevin Magnussen will take his place. They reckon he will be fit for the Malaysian GP though.

A sensible idea after his crash. It's not like Mclaren are going to be fighting at the front.

Manor Marussia seem to be making a comeback with Will Stevens signed as a driver and backed by the boss of energy firm Ovo.

At least she's a pretty good driver. Lotus signed Carmen Jorda as reserve driver, 3 years in GP3 and 0 points. The driver replacing her finished 1st and 2nd in the next two races.

A sensible idea after his crash. It's not like Mclaren are going to be fighting at the front.

Manor Marussia seem to be making a comeback with Will Stevens signed as a driver and backed by the boss of energy firm Ovo.

I'd like to see Max Chilton take the second seat at Manor, he would be a great test driver for Williams instead of Wolff already has F1 experience.

I'd like to see Max Chilton take the second seat at Manor, he would be a great test driver for Williams instead of Wolff already has F1 experience.

Not going to happen, he's driving for Nissan in the World Endurance Championship.

What's wrong with Susie Wolff being at Williams? You seem to have taken a dislike to her.

Not going to happen, he's driving for Nissan in the World Endurance Championship.

What's wrong with Susie Wolff being at Williams? You seem to have taken a dislike to her.

Indeed, I feel that nepotism would work against her in this particular situation. She's an experienced and intelligent driver.

Is she going to get the best from the car? Maybe not. Is she contender for a spot on the grid? No. But she brings skills and knowledge which young and talented drivers won't have.

It's also a good publicity move for Williams who continue to be the only F1 team on the grid to employ women at high levels within their structure. It definitely doesn't seem to be harming them at present. I hope they continue to build on the big step-up they made last year.

Just don't understand why the like of Chilton, Bruno Senna, Jamie Algersauri etc aren't getting a seat like this yet the wife of Toto Wolff gets to be Williams test driver.

Just don't understand why the like of Chilton, Bruno Senna, Jamie Algersauri etc aren't getting a seat like this yet the wife of Toto Wolff gets to be Williams test driver.

The other way of looking at is is why would Senna, Algersuari or Chilton (who's a pretty crap pay driver) want to be a development driver in F1? There's clearly more money for them to make in Formula E.

Williams already have Alex Lynn who is a young talented driver. Wolff adds something different. Also, it's pretty disrespectful to just call her 'the wife of Toto Wolff'. She's a racing driver of her own accord.

The other way of looking at is is why would Senna, Algersuari or Chilton (who's a pretty crap pay driver) want to be a development driver in F1? There's clearly more money for them to make in Formula E.

Williams already have Alex Lynn who is a young talented driver. Wolff adds something different. Also, it's pretty disrespectful to just call her 'the wife of Toto Wolff'. She's a racing driver of her own accord.

Just like it's disrespectful for the people who say Chilton only got into F1 because of his rich backing he had, it's an opinion and everyone is entitled to one.

Just like it's disrespectful for the people who say Chilton only got into F1 because of his rich backing he had, it's an opinion and everyone is entitled to one.

That's not just an opinion, he's been open about it.

Just to add she was in DTM 2006-2012 which a record of 0 wins, 0 poles and 0 fast laps. Just saying......

Well they were all dropped from race seats by their teams (apart from Chilton as the team folded but he was beaten by Bianchi comprehensively). Williams know what Senna is about as he drove for them but they didn't want him as/he didn't want to be test driver. Maybe she provides better technical and simulator knowledge than those listed? Maybe they think driving in different series' (Formula E for Senna & Algersauri and World Endurance for Chilton) is better than being a test driver in F1?

Just to add she was in DTM 2006-2012 which a record of 0 wins, 0 poles and 0 fast laps. Just saying......

Just saying what?

I've never said she was a decent or potentially competitive F1 driver. In fact...

Is she going to get the best from the car? Maybe not. Is she contender for a spot on the grid? No. But she brings skills and knowledge which young and talented drivers won't have.

Just saying what?

I've never said she was a decent or potentially competitive F1 driver. In fact...

That even though her career as a driver has been terrible her pull of having a high profile husband in the sport has got her that drive.

Back