• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Just come back from watching Limehouse Golem, not bad with Bill Nighly good twist ending
8/10

Saw this Saturday night, excellent film, maybe even a 9

and now to Friday night DVD "Alexander" showed him as a man who led an army all over the place for 20 odd years, then died. Also never knew the Macedonians spoke with Irish accents????? Awful film:sad:

It guess it relies on what is out in UK cinemas. Last week was the release of It, I imagine they didn't want to clash.

War Of the planet of the apes was the biggie that week. The following week, apart from Dunkirk, was utter *****.

You're doing a good job but how do you explain that American blockbusters usually get a release in Spain a week before they're out in the UK?

My guess would be that there's more money in the Spanish (and French ) market than in the UK.

Last edited:
Phil....I have no idea.

Heaven forbid that there's more dosh in the Spanish and French cinema market than i the UK.:smiles:

Though I ordered A Sense of an Ending on DVD earlier this week (should arrive in SG on Monday).Still hasn't got a release here yet though it was released in the UK in August.Still it's only an arts film and probably didn't get a UK showing anywhere outside London.:whistling:

18 months old but UK cinema admissions far more than Spain, not quite as much as France though.

https://www.cinemauk.org.uk/the-industry/facts-and-figures/international-comparison/admissions/

According to IMDB it doesnt seem to be always the case anyway. Guardians of the Galaxy was the same day. Wonder Woman and Spiderman took 3 weeks to get to Spain.

Doesn't say for what nationality's films the admissions are though,does it?

In Spain most young (and not so young) people appear to be watching films on the net these days.Believe that's generally the same in the UK.I'm not aware that it's also the case in France.

Can't say I fancy any of the blockbusters you mention.:winking:

Last edited:
Doesn't say for what nationality's films the admissions are though,does it?

In Spain most young (and not so young) people appear to be watching films on the net these days.Believe that's generally the same in the UK.I'm not awarte that it's also the case in France.

Can't say I fancy any of the blockbusterds you mention.:winking:

That just show how many people go to cinema. We are the 3rd biggest cinema visitors in Europe. My guess is us being English speaking helps somewhat.

No Im sure they are far too low brow for you, but they were just examples, I picked 3 of the biggest movies of the year that would appeal to the general public. I couldnt find any Hungarian black and white silent movies on the list that would appeal to you :smile:

That just show how many people go to cinema. We are the 3rd biggest cinema visitors in Europe. My guess is us being English speaking helps somewhat.

No Im sure they are far too low brow for you, but they were just examples, I picked 3 of the biggest movies of the year that would appeal to the general public. I couldnt find any Hungarian black and white silent movies on the list that would appeal to you :smile:

Wow!Don't think I've ever seen a Hungarian black and white, silent movie.:smiles:

Churchill.

Those who like this sort of film will find it's the sort of film they like.:winking:

TBF,Brian Cox and Miranda Richardson were both excellent.

Found the idea of Churchill as a peacenic a little too revisionist for my taste.Much preferred Dunkirk.

Quiz question:-Can anyone tell me (without checking on Wiki) how D-Day came by its name (not really made clear in the film)?

Back