• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

I agree, I really didn't like it TBH. I like Edgar Wright and can understand his appeal, but just never really into his films, they seems massively overrated.

In my opinion it's easily his best film. Tarantino should be making films like this (but of course it'd be full of Tom & Jerry violence, unnecessary swearing and copious use of the n word).

Nobody seen the new Blade Runner sequel (or hasn't that opened in the UK yet)?

Been here since Friday.

Yeah same here. As I said in the "hacking off thread" I was really excited by apparently it's nearly 3hrs long and moves at a snails pace, so I'm slightly put off.

Yeah same here. As I said in the "hacking off thread" I was really excited by apparently it's nearly 3hrs long and moves at a snails pace, so I'm slightly put off.

Surely if you want to see the new one it's because you've seen the original and know it's a slow burn but worth investing the time and patience. Rewatched the original on Saturday - such a masterpiece and the visuals are still jawdropping. Can't wait to see the new one, especially as I'm a massive Denis Villeneuve fan.

Surely if you want to see the new one it's because you've seen the original and know it's a slow burn but worth investing the time and patience. Rewatched the original on Saturday - such a masterpiece and the visuals are still jawdropping. Can't wait to see the new one, especially as I'm a massive Denis Villeneuve fan.

I really struggle with slow moving arty films. I turned off Ghost Story on Saturday (and I was really excited to see that) as nothing happens for vast lengths of time.

Don't worry MK I thought baby driver was really good too, you aren't alone.

Was going to see Blade runner yesterday but timings didn't work out so saw the new kingsman instead, pretty much the same as the last one with a few more big name actors thrown in as well as Elton John!? Is what it is, easy watch, not spectacular but enjoyable

I watched Bladerunner 2049 last week, 7.5 - beautifully shot, Zimmer does his best to emulate Vangelis but the length and pacing was a problem. I know the first one was slow, but at under 2 hours that was bearable. At nearly 3 hours for 2049 I found myself checking my watch a few times during the middle hour. A la Rogue One, a very iffy cameo as well.

Made in France, these jonnie foreigners make some very good films. French drama about a journalist investigating jihadism. Thought it was well worth a 7/10. Slightly predictable otherwise it would have got another point but still very watchable.

Bladerunner 2049. Have to confess I've only watched the original once or twice, I liked it but didn't find it as mind-blowing as everyone makes out (maybe that's why). I really enjoyed this, I loved the slow pace and thought everything was necessary, probably the most visually beautiful film I've ever seen, and loved how DV wasn't afraid to have long silences. Didn't like the whole
  Spoiler:  
underground free replicant movement, very cliche
. I thought the movie cleared up the, "is Deckard a replicant?" theme, but Mrs O disagreed with me, so maybe it didn't! 9/10

Blade Runner - it's worth watching of course but not a patch on the original which isn't a criticism as Ridley Scott's film is simply the greatest si-fi film of all time. I'm going to have to watch it again as need to clear a few things up but overall a generous 7/10 from me.

I thought it was mediocre.

Stylish, but thats about it.

The whole storyline about the remixes made from taped conversations was just ridiculous.

And John Hamm made a poor criminal/tough guy.

He wouldn't last thirty seconds in the Sutton Arms.

Saw the Blade Runner sequel yesterday.As others have said, it's not a patch on Ridley Scott's brillant original, though it is beautifully shot.Still it will appeal to the popcorn & coke brigade.

Saw the Blade Runner sequel yesterday.As others have said, it's not a patch on Ridley Scott's brillant original, though it is beautifully shot.Still it will appeal to the popcorn & coke brigade.

Having watched both fairly close together I cannot pick a preference for one over the other. Both very enjoyable films. 2049 was far better than I expected.

Having watched both fairly close together I cannot pick a preference for one over the other. Both very enjoyable films. 2049 was far better than I expected.

I saw the original again last night.There's really no comparison.Granted the cinematography in 2049 was far better for my having seen it on a big screen but I don't think I'll rushing out to get the DVD when it's available.

The water fight at the end was risible as were other moments in the film.

When you consider that Ridley Scott's Blade Runner was made over 35 years ago, I think the visual quality speaks for itself. The biggest difference for me is the quality of the dialogue - 2049 is a good follow up, a very good one at that but like so many sequels, it relies on the original too much to tell it's story. That said, I didn't find it too long which was a good sign and thought the cameo appearance by Harrison Ford worked well.

Back