• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Couple of films on the plane

Logan - 7/10 - good fun
Superman v Batman 6/10 - Affleck a bit miscast.

Few weeks back on flight to USA, watched Alien Covenant. Thought it was rubbish, with scenes copied from the previous Alien films as well. Glad I didn't pay to see it at the Cinema.

The "new" Blade Runner;- well folks for me a 6 or 7/10.
Sort of old Blade Runner + Matrix + Total Recall + Terminator mixed up and amalgamated re-hash.
As long as watchers don't have high high expectations then OK but it ain't a classic.

The more I think about it, the more I think it's only going to appeal to disciples of the original - very hard to follow otherwise.

Thor: Ragnarok. Very different to the first two Thor movies (the ugly step children of the marvel universe), much closer to Guardians in tone & look. Action packed, moves fast, VERY funny, excellent performances all round, Blanchett's Hella is one of the best marvel villains, Thor & Loki's relationship gets a satisfying conclusion. Great fun, and possibly in my top 5 Marvel movies. 9/10

Thor: Ragnarok. Very different to the first two Thor movies (the ugly step children of the marvel universe), much closer to Guardians in tone & look. Action packed, moves fast, VERY funny, excellent performances all round, Blanchett's Hella is one of the best marvel villains, Thor & Loki's relationship gets a satisfying conclusion. Great fun, and possibly in my top 5 Marvel movies. 9/10

Yeah, agree with all of that. A tagline I've seen floated about is "Asgardians of the Galaxy". It feels like they've taken Thor and rebooted it using GotG as a template.

Two good films yesterday - It - best Stephen King adaption since Misery? Long old film, but never dragged. 9/10

And rewatched The Iron Giant - one of my favourite animations ever! 10/10

Jigsaw - 6. You know what you are getting as they are all very similar. This is nearer the worst rather than the best of the films.

Murder on The Orient Express 7/10

I saw it on Friday.

Was ok and enjoyed the first half but have to admit was bored towards the end and thought the ending was disappointing.

Majorie Prime - holograms, dodgy memories and on the whole an excessively dulll film. It's had rave reviews, but it's so dull I switched it off. No score.

Back