• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fire in North Kensington.

You obviously weren't listening to Jeremy Corbyn at PMQ's the other week.He clearly linked the fire to auserity under the Tories.

I tend to have some sympathy with your last comment though, as we know that the cuts go back to at least the Blair era.
The man would link anything to "austerity cuts", he's a fraud and will be found out.

The man would link anything to "austerity cuts", he's a fraud and will be found out.
Safety inspections and planning permission are dealt with by local councils and the fire services both of which have suffered massive financial cuts in the name of austerity.
If a whole tower block burns down due to one faulty fridge how can that not relate back to deficiencies in planning and safety provisions and the reduced budgets for those in charge of those tasks?

Safety inspections and planning permission are dealt with by local councils and the fire services both of which have suffered massive financial cuts in the name of austerity.
If a whole tower block burns down due to one faulty fridge how can that not relate back to deficiencies in planning and safety provisions and the reduced budgets for those in charge of those tasks?

Your just feeling guilty because it was left wing ideology that killed those people. Like all lefties you spend your whole lives blaming all your failures on the Tories. Time to take a look in the mirror some day.

Oh come on, he's portraying an image to attract young voters!

Nothing wrong with that - May & The Tories always seem to attract the older voter. Surely anything that enthuses the young to vote is a good thing? Besides, it wasn't just the young that voted Labour, some of us are middle aged.

How is he a fraud exactly?

Nothing wrong with that - May & The Tories always seem to attract the older voter. Surely anything that enthuses the young to vote is a good thing? Besides, it wasn't just the young that voted Labour, some of us are middle aged.

On the contrary, Jeremy Corybn has been consistently on the left of the Labour party since he was first elected in 1983 and is probably the least "image" conscious MP you're likely to find in the Commons.

I think some of his 'people' may be and the whole 'Jez Corbyn, the ultimate boy' shtick is nauseating but the man himself is pretty authentic I think. He is who he is and has been for years.

Back to Grenfell, I got a different train in this morning so saw it from a different angle; no less shocking or sobering of course. It's odd. You feel a little grubby looking - it is a mass grave after all - but at the same time it is difficult not to.

I think some of his 'people' may be and the whole 'Jez Corbyn, the ultimate boy' shtick is nauseating but the man himself is pretty authentic I think. He is who he is and has been for years.

Back to Grenfell, I got a different train in this morning so saw it from a different angle; no less shocking or sobering of course. It's odd. You feel a little grubby looking - it is a mass grave after all - but at the same time it is difficult not to.

Speaking to some Firefighters who attended Grenfell, they think the death toll is much higher. The reason they don't know who has actually died is because of the sub-letting culture that is rife in those sort of blocks. Asylum seeker gets flat, then rents to illegal immigrants.

So who do we blame for that, as that's the first thing the likes of *** do. Rather than try and solve problems.

tJ8smuY.jpg

Speaking to some Firefighters who attended Grenfell, they think the death toll is much higher. The reason they don't know who has actually died is because of the sub-letting culture that is rife in those sort of blocks. Asylum seeker gets flat, then rents to illegal immigrants.

So who do we blame for that, as that's the first thing the likes of *** do. Rather than try and solve problems.

I understand that anyone who was in that situation has been promised immunity to prosecution by the authorities.Whether people will believe them is,of course, sadly another matter.

I understand that anyone who was in that situation has been promised immunity to prosecution by the authorities.Whether people will believe them is,of course, sadly another matter.

I know you won't understand any of this but you can have a sub-sub-let culture. You get housed by the council then rent your place to a gang master, criminal or just a dodgy wide boy. He then rents out to individuals possibly 10 or 12 in a flat and nobody knows who was actually in or not that night.

Immunity is not a phrase these people will respond too. The tenant won't admit to sub letting and the middle man will have certainly disappeared, before threating the tenant of course. Then you have a culture where lying to authority is expected and individuals, who even if bodies are found in their flat will still deny anyone was in there.

Its called diversity and it should be celebrated.

I know you won't understand any of this but you can have a sub-sub-let culture. You get housed by the council then rent your place to a gang master, criminal or just a dodgy wide boy. He then rents out to individuals possibly 10 or 12 in a flat and nobody knows who was actually in or not that night.

Immunity is not a phrase these people will respond too. The tenant won't admit to sub letting and the middle man will have certainly disappeared, before threating the tenant of course. Then you have a culture where lying to authority is expected and individuals, who even if bodies are found in their flat will still deny anyone was in there.

Its called diversity and it should be celebrated.

You think Rackmanism should be celebrated? :stunned:

https://www.theguardian.com/theobse...talks-the-halls-of-britains-rented-properties

Back