• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fire in North Kensington.

The Chancellor Phillip Hammond has just added to the anger by saying today that the cladding used at Grenfell Tower is illegal in the UK. Rydon insist they did not use banned materials. Rydon Maintenance Limited completed a partial refurbishment of the building in the summer of 2016 for KCTMO (Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation) on behalf of the Council, which met all required building regulations - as well as fire regulation and health & safety standards - and handover took place when the completion notice was issued by Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea building control.
With one side saying banned, and the other saying not banned, it has added to the confusion and the need for truth quickly. The other thing is that these two were on the same side, so it could just be that Hammond and the government is trying to get away from the contractors, to let them face the brunt of the anger.
The other thing is it beggars belief that the panels with a plastic flammable core were used instead of the panels that cost £2 more without the flammable plastic core. It would only have cost an extra £5000 to have safe cladding at Grenfell Tower. An absolute digrace. Why would anyone use or agree to use highly flammable materials in a tower block, even if allowed by out of date regulations. The inquiry will show all this, but I don't think the people can wait that long for answers.

The Chancellor Phillip Hammond has just added to the anger by saying today that the cladding used at Grenfell Tower is illegal in the UK. Rydon insist they did not use banned materials. Rydon Maintenance Limited completed a partial refurbishment of the building in the summer of 2016 for KCTMO (Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation) on behalf of the Council, which met all required building regulations - as well as fire regulation and health & safety standards - and handover took place when the completion notice was issued by Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea building control.
With one side saying banned, and the other saying not banned, it has added to the confusion and the need for truth quickly. The other thing is that these two were on the same side, so it could just be that Hammond and the government is trying to get away from the contractors, to let them face the brunt of the anger.
The other thing is it beggars belief that the panels with a plastic flammable core were used instead of the panels that cost £2 more without the flammable plastic core. It would only have cost an extra £5000 to have safe cladding at Grenfell Tower. An absolute digrace. Why would anyone use or agree to use highly flammable materials in a tower block, even if allowed by out of date regulations. The inquiry will show all this, but I don't think the people can wait that long for answers.

Definitely banned in the United States

Definitely banned in the United States

Yes, it's banned in a few countries and blamed for the rapid fire spread in towers in France, Melbourne and Dubai. The point is that Phillip Hammond and Rydon are contradicting each other over whether the cladding is banned in this country. Regardless of who is right, it should have been banned in this country.

And now another attack in Seven Sisters. Sadly I think we may have to have a thread devoted to such things now. In all the years of working in the City under IRA threats, many near Honourable Artillery Co in Finsbury Square, London was never so unsafe.

Yes, it's banned in a few countries and blamed for the rapid fire spread in towers in France, Melbourne and Dubai. The point is that Phillip Hammond and Rydon are contradicting each other over whether the cladding is banned in this country. Regardless of who is right, it should have been banned in this country.

Cladding nearly caused a similar disaster about 10 years ago in Bethnal Green. The fire spread up the inside of the cladding of a 10 storey block and the Fire crews had real difficulty in putting it out. The cladding actually did it job and stopped the Jets from hitting the fire. The crews had to gain access to the roof and poor water down from the top inside the cladding same as they might for a chimney fire.

Talking to other Firefighters we all agree that the Grenfell cladding looked like it was oxidizing. Reminded us of magnesium or something similar.

A Rage march will be taking place in central London on wednesday which I mention on here because the organizers are already playing on the grief of the victims of this fire.

I wonder how much damage will be caused by these left wing arseholes who will hijack this to their own agenda.

And now another attack in Seven Sisters. Sadly I think we may have to have a thread devoted to such things now. In all the years of working in the City under IRA threats, many near Honourable Artillery Co in Finsbury Square, London was never so unsafe.

Have to put it into perspective ORM. On average 10 people will die on the roads today....does that stop anyone driving? Today, on average, 327 people will die in accidents and incidents that are totally avoidable.

Never let terrorism win.

A Rage march will be taking place in central London on wednesday which I mention on here because the organizers are already playing on the grief of the victims of this fire.

I wonder how much damage will be caused by these left wing arseholes who will hijack this to their own agenda.

76+ people have died due to right wing ones with an agenda of money over safety.

Have to put it into perspective ORM. On average 10 people will die on the roads today....does that stop anyone driving? Today, on average, 327 people will die in accidents and incidents that are totally avoidable.

Never let terrorism win.

And yet we also turn a blind eye to what is causing terrorism and hate in general. How about the Al Quds march in London yesterday? People openly carrying Hezbollah and Hamas flags, yet no-one was arrested for it. (One of the speakers also blamed the fire last week on the "zionists".) Ironically these people were being protected by the Police.

And yet we also turn a blind eye to what is causing terrorism and hate in general. How about the Al Quds march in London yesterday? People openly carrying Hezbollah and Hamas flags, yet no-one was arrested for it. (One of the speakers also blamed the fire last week on the "zionists".) Ironically these people were being protected by the Police.

Ah but if we stopped them having a march in London or anywhere we will be breaching their human rights.

I agree, that's pretty sickening. Perhaps if the police stepped in it would have caused more harm than good? 99% of Muslims would have thought they were arses, and I've seen nothing in the media, so lets not give these morons speaking hateful crap any creedence.

I would remind people that you are able to disagree with each other without getting personal and slinging abuse and name calling.

Keep it civil please.

I agree, that's pretty sickening. Perhaps if the police stepped in it would have caused more harm than good? 99% of Muslims would have thought they were arses, and I've seen nothing in the media, so lets not give these morons speaking hateful crap any creedence.

I disagree. Let the police step in, let the uk haters kick off and then we can arrest and deport them for supporting terror.

I disagree. Let the police step in, let the uk haters kick off and then we can arrest and deport them for supporting terror.

On an opposite but equal footing, can we then 'deport' the likes of Tommy Robinson and those Britain First ****ehawks for inciting the same kind of violence against muslims that Islamic hate preachers do against the west?

Cant deport them if they are British.

Didn't stop us with Australia. For me some of the posting on this thread demonstrates the problem we have with the country and the world today. People so blinkered in beliefs that rational thoughts have long gone out the window so sniping and blame ends up being the result.

Didn't stop us with Australia. For me some of the posting on this thread demonstrates the problem we have with the country and the world today. People so blinkered in beliefs that rational thoughts have long gone out the window so sniping and blame ends up being the result.

We stopped deporting convicts in 1868.

Besides deport them where? I can just imagine the Governments of Pakistan, Yemen etc greeting these people with open arms.

Back