• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Touche... Though there must be a reason he hadn't been employed for 18 months before becoming our manager. I really can't see a championship team giving him a job to be honest

With some of the same washed up names that seem to be going for the 92, it really wouldn't surprise me in all honesty.

Didnt he rent a house out to ex Blues manager Rob Newman .

He may well have done. I think he had more than one house, but the one in Rayleigh seemed to be the one he had a lot of problems with.

I bet Ryan Leonard is happy with this given all that went on during the summer break! May come across as a little hypocritical from PB!

All managers, these days, have a stock value, as such.

PB probably is at his highest he is likely to be, unless we got promoted. That, however, is a big gamble for him. If we lose Lenny in January and start sliding down the league, then this opportunity might not come around quickly, again.

Also, as he says, his contract is up soon. It could just be his media savvy way of putting a bit of pressure on RM to start negotiation contracts rolling for him and even Lenny.

Not the cleverest thing to say, as far as we are concerned, but for PB, it almost certainly is a smarter move than saying nothing.

Last line says it all.

"but my contract is up at the end of the season."

Or alternatively, "Ron give me a pay rise please."

If he's so desperate to leave, as he was with Bolton and England, then he can go. I'd like him to stay, but if he's going to keep fishing for another job/a new contract every time something comes up then have to question how he is repaying Ron's loyalty, given that a lot of chairmen would have sacked managers for better results than we have had at times under Brown (that 15 game run without a win in 2013/14 comes to mind).

If Sunderland want and get PB as manager I will run naked on the pitch when we play Oxford at home:omg:

“That’s all I’m thinking about, but my contract is up at the end of the season.”

That's yer telling statement, right there, as 'manor' has just said, above, as well.

The old "my focus is on the next game but, well, if I do leave, it's cos they'll probably not renew me contract anyway".

Here we go...

Can we reach 50 pages?

Turn it around and think if one of you lot was Fleetwood's manager and the Southend job became available would you not want it?

Sure he should probably keep schtum and leave without saying anything at all but he does always speak his mind!

“That’s all I’m thinking about, but my contract is up at the end of the season.”
I thought that quote was interesting, he didn’t need to add the bit about contract being up, could have just said ‘my focus is with Southend’. I think that was calculated - maybe to Rob Martin? Maybe to Championship clubs to say I’m prepared to leave if you want to come in for me? Might be other thinking it though.

I thought that quote was interesting, he didn’t need to add the bit about contract being up, could have just said ‘my focus is with Southend’. I think that was calculated - maybe to Rob Martin? Maybe to Championship clubs to say I’m prepared to leave if you want to come in for me? Might be other thinking it though.

Yep, it's his get out clause with the fans, if he takes the job.

He is setting it up, in case he gets offered it.

My gut feeling is, should that be the case, he will take it.

This has got a bit of the Barry Fry saga about it, already. He came out with the "focused on the next game" line just before he left for Birmingham. I remember that Leicester game, his last one. There was a really eerie atmosphere all afternoon, because we all knew.

Shrimpers boss Brown: Sunderland manager is my dream job

SOUTHEND United boss Phil Brown says the vacant managerial post at Sunderland would be his dream job.

More...

No surprise and a big club- all be it woefully underperforming.
Sure we will have 30 pages of over reaction with flap caps neatly pressed and ready for action but the reality is Grayson's fate has been sealed a while and the successor will already be lined up.
So within a week the strong likelihood is PB will be still here and someone else will be in the Sunderland hot seat...until the next one later in the season.
Nothing to see here..please move on...except that won't stop the 30 pages..

Back